Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Alloy wheel cleaner advice style 2
Westy

Alloy wheel cleaner advice style 2

I have the std 18 inch style 2 wheels and with over 32k and a tough winter they are very dirty and have a lot of both tar and other deposits. I wash them but I am now embarrassed as I can see that whilst they look clean they are not.

I have seen many threads on products and don't know which way to turn, will probably look to get something for the glass roof cleaning too.

What can you all recommend for me to both clean gently and then seal in. Don't mind where as I will pay to ship to bham.

Thanks in advance

One of the happy owners, ordered June 2011, delivered Wednesday 8th February 2012, now 97000 miles. Scorpions lasted 78'000 miles.

Pure TD4 5 door, fuji white, ebony interior, Pan roof, Front fogs, spare wheel, privacy glass, towbar and black roofrails.

Cars got to go back to company March 25th 2015 Sad
08-02-2013 11:49pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Evo-king

RE: Alloy wheel cleaner advice style 2

First off, wheel woolies are great for the alloy cleaning tasks, after that your choice is huge.

Bilberry wheel cleaner is good.

Mine are sealed with a GTechniq product, but there are loads of treatments out there, have a look in the Detailing area of this forum.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
09-02-2013 04:01pm
PhilSkill

See my thread for the products I used, applies on as well as off car!

I can also recommend Tar-X for removing tar.

http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-Wheel-Cleaning-Off-Car

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
(This post was last modified: 13-02-2013 09:50pm by PhilSkill.)
13-02-2013 09:48pm
KaDargo

Bought some Bilberry last week and tried it out yesterday - works really well (I have style 6's and normally use elbow grease, but it was nice to spray liberally over the wheels and power wash off at leisure, leaving only a few small areas tha needed extra care - just a quick wipe all over and they come up gleaming!)

(Unfortunately I find having style 6's means I can clean all of the inside as well, so I HAVE to, usually resuling in cuts and scratches form the backing plates - this stuff made that task a lot easier)

SD4 Prestige, Mauritius, Element, Cirrus Headlining, Pana Roof, Park Assist, Heated Steering Wheel,Blind Spot monitor, 20" Alloys, Powered Tailgate
22-04-2013 03:52pm
doug

Treat your self to a set of wheel woolies. Not cheap @£39 but worth it.

There a set of 3 long reach wheel cleaning brushes, in case anyone's not sure what I'm going on about.

[Image: mini-graphics-vehicles-244162.gif] ABOVE AND BEYOND
RRE sold after 5 happy years. Jag F-Pace owner now
22-04-2013 05:24pm
WB
WB

(09-02-2013 04:01pm)Evo-king Wrote:  First off, wheel woolies are great for the alloy cleaning tasks, after that your choice is huge.

Bilberry wheel cleaner is good.

Mine are sealed with a GTechniq product, but there are loads of treatments out there, have a look in the Detailing area of this forum.

Do you use the Bilberry over the C5?
22-04-2013 05:25pm
Inges

I'm using Scholl Concepts Rim Seven PH Neutral Rim Cleaning Gel.(RIM-7) Recommended by the detailers guys here in Norway. detailersclub.no this site is only in norwegian.

But for wheel cleaning they recommend the following products:

-Billberry
-P21S power gel
-Valet pro Wheel Cleaner
-Scholl Rim 7
-CG sticky Gel
-Espuma Revolution Wheel Cleaner
-Wolf's Brake Duster
-Wolf's Clean & Coat - Nano wheel cleaner
-Muc-Off Wheel Cleaner

http://www.detailersclub.no/forum/topic/...oduktjakt/
Rest of the recommendations here, though it's in Norwegian.

/Inge

Collected: 15.06.2012
Prestige TD4 Santorini Black, Manual, Dyn & Prestige Tech Pack, 825W Sound System, Surround Camera System, Privacy Glass, Adp. Bi-Xenon, Panoramic Roof, Cherry/Ivory

[Image: 166903.png]
22-04-2013 06:38pm
eddkawasaki

for all you wheel woolies fans out there they now do a new set of ones at a 45 degree angle so you can get in behind the spoke nicely.

I've been using wolfs decon gel on my wheels every wash. Wash the wheel and then spray on the decon gel leaving it to work while doing the other wheels and then power wash off. My detailer recommended auto finesse Iron out as its a bit stronger than the decon gel. It seems to have brought mine up a treat so I will be trying this once my 5l of decon gel runs out.

Heres a link for the brushes. Sorry if this affects your wallets in any way Twisted Evil

SD4 Dynamic Lux, 5 Door, Firenze Red, Ebony Interior, Black headlining, Black Contrast Panoramic Roof, Aeroflip Spoiler, Privacy glass, Heated steering wheel, Adaptive Xenons, TPMS & Spare wheel
Order Date: 14th May 2012
Build date: approx 5th Oct 2012
Delivery Date: Should be 22nd Oct
Actual delivery: 31st Oct

[Image: 151436.png]
22-04-2013 08:44pm
Amadeus

Made my own woollies by cutting up old sheepskin covers and stitching onto the ends of wooden spoons. Gets into all the spaces and no scratching. A bit of extra work you might think but I'm a creature of invention!

eD4 Pure Fuji Coupe | Tech Pack | Pano Roof | Cirrus Leather | Powerfold Mirrors | Xenons | 19" Style 3s | arr 5Apr13
05-05-2013 12:10am
dynamicgirl

(22-04-2013 05:24pm)doug Wrote:  Treat your self to a set of wheel woolies. Not cheap @£39 but worth it.

There a set of 3 long reach wheel cleaning brushes, in case anyone's not sure what I'm going on about.

Totally agree. I've tried lots of different wheel brushes and the Wheel Woolies are the only ones that I have ever got on well with. Most brushes have wire bits on the end that can scratch your wheels, no matter how careful you are, but these have slightly bendy plastic shafts and the end is completely covered with the woolie material, so there is no way it can scratch your wheels. The previous owner of my Evoque must have used some harsh chemicals as the chrome edge had all worn away from the centre caps. From now on the wheels will only see Bilberry, then a few coats of Jetseal 109 and Collinite before Winter, as has always been my wheel routine. Luckily I got a recent free gift of a set of some VB Edition wheel centre caps, so the old, scruffy ones have gone.

You can buy the Wheel Woolies for under £38 delivered on Ebay.
(This post was last modified: 01-06-2013 06:22pm by dynamicgirl.)
23-05-2013 10:56am