Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
OK. Have officially fallen in love with this Car!
scrannel

Been a bit hesitant, coming from a moose-hauler L322. Used to sitting very high -- you know, like some potentate? Anyway, yesterday was a face-full of Los Angeles. Needed to get to Burbank, Zooming through the twisty canyons, cutting around main surface streets which are clogged, the car just a sweet sports sedan -- suddenly I have the rhythm of this steed. Fly up onto the 101 Freeway -- parking lot. Choppers overhead, Nearby car burning. Road warrior. No sweat. Auto trans. Nothing to do there. Put in D. Easy does it. Open the pano roof -- I can see out "they" can't come in (already been shot once in LA. Enough). Entertainment system -- with all the noise I could want. ETA on the nav, telling me exactly how late I'm going to be... get to the studio with minutes to spare. After meeting, valet has parked: Bentley, Roller, Maserati ( a real wanna-be) and my Evoque up front for all to ogle. Valet says is the coolest car he's parked in years. (My partner's Cayman somewhere in the back). Off to home. built in phone system connecting with agent, wife, son... love this car. It's about the world we live in. Beauty and function. While rest are stuck in function.

2013 Dynamic USA specs with MagneRide + Strata wood int. with Lunar perf. Ork Grey.
BMW K1200R. Black.
02-03-2013 04:41am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
xxxx5

RE: OK. Have officially fallen in love with this Car!

And breath..........

Now Sold: 5dr Pure SD4 Man / Fuji White / Pano Roof / Tech Park / Style 6 Alloys / Privacy Glass / Xenons / Black H'lining / Power Fold Door Mirrors / Power Tailgate / Carpet Mats / Front Fogs.
02-03-2013 08:19am
scrannel

Too much love?

2013 Dynamic USA specs with MagneRide + Strata wood int. with Lunar perf. Ork Grey.
BMW K1200R. Black.
02-03-2013 04:28pm
JohnM

I like passion good post Thumbs Up
02-03-2013 05:42pm
IKM

Can't wait for the Kindle book version. Really entertaining narrative .... Thanks!

Arrived 16 December 2011: Prestige SD4 auto 5dr in OG with Adaptive Dynamics, Adaptive Xenons, Surround Cameras, Auto Dimming Rearview, Grey Oak Wood, Spare Wheel and Powered Tailgate.

Joining 2010 Freelander XS Td4e in Stornoway Grey (we like Grey!)
(This post was last modified: 02-03-2013 08:59pm by IKM.)
02-03-2013 08:53pm
cutter7

Reads like a scene from Die Hard,,

03-03-2013 09:36am
scrannel

(03-03-2013 09:36am)cutter7 Wrote:  Reads like a scene from Die Hard,,

Everyday in LA.

BMW K1200R. Black.
03-03-2013 03:23pm
speary

Becareful with those flying bullets and your Pano roof. It probably isnt covered by your windscreen insurance Shocked

Pure Coupe SD4 Manual; Fuji White; 19" style 5 wheels; Addaptive Xenons; Auto Lights, Wipers and Rear Mirror; Folding mirrors with cool puddle lights. Magnoflow Exhaust finishers
04-03-2013 09:40am
scrannel

(04-03-2013 09:40am)speary Wrote:  Becareful with those flying bullets and your Pano roof. It probably isnt covered by your windscreen insurance Shocked

Remember being in London sometime I think in the late 80's, at a Thanksgiving Party some very kind Brits decide to throw for us lost yanks. Over dinner one observed: "I see they're shooting at one another on the freeways in LA now. More wine?" And... they were. Went on for a month or so. Then stopped.

BMW K1200R. Black.
04-03-2013 12:53pm
WB
WB

Reminds me of LA Story - great movie...
04-03-2013 02:34pm