Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Alloy and Tyre Insurance
Nantmoel

Alloy and Tyre Insurance

Have anyone here purchased 'Alloy and Tyre Insurance' - what are you thoughts and how much did you pay.

Brian

Arrived March 4th 2013: 2.2 SD4 Dynamic 5dr Auto, Firenze Red with Santorini Black Contrast Roof with full Panoramic Roof, Privacy Glass, 20" Shadow Alloy Wheels, Heated Steering Wheel, Powered Tail Gate, Park Assist and TV.
02-03-2013 07:59pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Daigriff

RE: Alloy and Tyre Insurance

I purchased the alloy wheel insurance as I've got the 20's and just new they'd get scuffed.
Made a claim last year, fairly straightforward process and good job done, and am just making a new claim at the moment for some more damage. Think I paid £249 but would need to check.

I didn't think the tyre insurance offered good value.

Arrived 16th December 2011: 5 door Prestige SD4 auto in Barolo black with ambience interior, pano roof, privacy and 20" style 6 alloys.Very Happy
02-03-2013 08:35pm
jitenc

It does work and am glad I took it. Especially do it if 20s are to be fitted.

Got mine : Dynamic Fuji White with Lux Pack and black contrast roof.
Optional extras : Privacy glass, Heated steering wheel and TPMS.
Me: Very HappyVery Happy
03-03-2013 09:28am
ktjoinery

Took the alloy wheel insurance for £91.58, 3years, 6 claims per year
Solar insurance. You have to take the policy out within 30 days of purchasing the vehicle I think, but at £60.00 for a wheel refurb it looked like a no brainer to me?
Link to site is https://www.solarinsurance.co.uk/Tyreand...on-168.htm
03-03-2013 10:21am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

I have it too, paid for itself on the first claim when I managed to get a large slash in a£330 20" tyre, three months old. The maximum payout was £270 so after discount at the tyre place I didn't pay more than £20 for a new tyre, fitting, balancing etc. has been a good investment so far and I can still claim for another 3 tyres, 4wheel refurbs and a new replacement alloy on thecpolicybif needs be in the next 3.5 years.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
03-03-2013 11:22am
Nantmoel

Thanks for all the replies - I think I will takes this option out, picking my car up tomorrow!

Arrived March 4th 2013: 2.2 SD4 Dynamic 5dr Auto, Firenze Red with Santorini Black Contrast Roof with full Panoramic Roof, Privacy Glass, 20" Shadow Alloy Wheels, Heated Steering Wheel, Powered Tail Gate, Park Assist and TV.
03-03-2013 11:50am