Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
All Threads about Delays merged into one
andyuk

RE: All Threads about Delays merged into one

(14-12-2011 08:24pm)CrawfsEvoque Wrote:  Expected ours mid to late Jan 2012. Arrived at dealers today. Collect Monday 19th Dec 2011. Merry Christmas.

Mine is due an early Jan build with mid Jan delivery so let's hope mine is the same x

So does anyone know why some have moved forward a month & others either staying the same or slipping? I am guessing it's the spec?

Dynamic SD4 Manual Red with Black contrast & Panaramic Roof, Vortex Interior, 20" Alloys, Privacy Glass, Black Headlining
(This post was last modified: 14-12-2011 08:43pm by andyuk.)
14-12-2011 08:41pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
CrawfsEvoque

Fingers crossed Andyuk.

Pure SD4 Auto, Fuji White, Almond / Espresso, Pure Style Pack, Tech Pack, Auto Dim Mirror, Park Assist, Carpet Mats, Zenons, Spare Wheel, Mudflaps, Rigid Boot Liner and Rubber Mats.
14-12-2011 08:43pm
Evo-king

(14-12-2011 08:41pm)andyuk Wrote:  Mine is due an early Jan build with mid Jan delivery so let's hope mine is the same x

So does anyone know why some have moved forward a month & others either staying the same or slipping? I am guessing it's the spec?

Two points andyuk.

First the factory has been churning out more cars than we expected, given the delays stories we've all been hearing. One of our members mentioned she had missed the December cut, but her dealer informed her that in Jan they were told they would be getting an allocation of 50 instead of the usual 10.

Second, our dealer should be in a position to tell us what is going on as they should know when a customers car has been called into build, but it does seem that dealers appear to be getting caught out with deliveries.

I checked with my sales rep this week purely because I didn't to be told my car was either in build or had been delivered without my having a chance to finalise a few tweeks. I do know for a fact some cars have been delivered much quicker than was expected because the factory had capacity to fit in some car with less demanding specs, i.e. No Pan Roofs.

Another Andrew from Glos.
(14-12-2011 08:01pm)Daigriff Wrote:  Evo , Leveller...the barolo looks awsome. The light was fading but am picking it up on friday morning so will do my best to post pics asap...we have a weather warning here for friday am so could be interesting!!

Well the decision has been made, as we are now going for a Dynamic, we had a rethink about colour.
All Barolo or Indus Silver with a Black contrast roof.

We watched two videos of each colour, and the winner is..............................

Barolo Black

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
(This post was last modified: 14-12-2011 11:09pm by Evo-king.)
14-12-2011 11:00pm
LDT

Thumbs Up

Prestige SD4 Auto, Ipanema/Ambience, Style 4 Wheels, Pan Roof, Privacy, Dimming Mirror, High Beam Assist, Surround Cameras, Spare Wheel, Mud Flaps.
[Image: 116286.png]
14-12-2011 11:28pm
Daigriff

Great choice Evo. I must admit the silver with black contrast roof does look good and my Landcruiser was silver and was great for not showing up the dirt, but the Barolo looks better imho. Having mine treated so should be easier to clean...hopefully.

Roll on friday 10.00amSmile

Arrived 16th December 2011: 5 door Prestige SD4 auto in Barolo black with ambience interior, pano roof, privacy and 20" style 6 alloys.Very Happy
14-12-2011 11:36pm
Rossy100

All Threads about Delays merged into one

Can't wait to see the pics Daigriff!

I've also been going back and forth between Barolo or OG with black roof..... And have now decided on Barolo also!
14-12-2011 11:41pm
KPNuts

It has left the factory and is on the way to the dealerVery Happy Earlier than expected.

Trying to sort out for collection next week. As we plan on keeping it for 5-6 years having a 2011 or 2012 date of first reg is not going to make much difference. On the Saab we are replacing (5.75 years old) Parkers shows a £120 difference! But going to the family around the country over Christmas will be worth it - in fact fuel economy difference will almost compensateSmile Main complication is we will have to take it as a 61 plate, because the local DVLA office is closed for the next two weeks so the reg transfer can not be done until early January. Dealer has said they will cover cost of 2 sets of plates.

Can't wait.

SD4 Coupe Prestige, Orkney Grey, Privacy Glass, Spare Wheel, Dipping RVM
Ordered: 12/09/11 Collected 22/12/11
Supporting Macmillan Cancer Support in Mac 4x4 Challenge
15-12-2011 02:16pm
KPNuts

Evoque arrived at dealer last night so we got to look at it and sit in this morning, with a gentle layer of snow on it.

However, dealer has really soured the buying process Evil They offered a trade in price for our Saab Convertible that was 65% of what Parkers Guide indicated and was in fact less than webuyanycar offered. It was also 43% of the price two main dealers currently have same age, same mileage, same spec on their forecourts. So, not only are they getting full margin on the Evoque, they also want to fCensoredk you roughly on the trade in also.

Looks like we will be selling the Saab privately.

Still have not told the dealer when we will take delivery. Hinted that we may wait until we have sold the Saab privately, so early Jan. Obviously they do not want £38K in their bank account before ChristmasExclamation Obviously rolling with money.

We are not at all happy with them.

SD4 Coupe Prestige, Orkney Grey, Privacy Glass, Spare Wheel, Dipping RVM
Ordered: 12/09/11 Collected 22/12/11
Supporting Macmillan Cancer Support in Mac 4x4 Challenge
16-12-2011 06:19pm
ED209

(16-12-2011 06:19pm)KPNuts Wrote:  Evoque arrived at dealer last night so we got to look at it and sit in this morning, with a gentle layer of snow on it.

However, dealer has really soured the buying process Evil They offered a trade in price for our Saab Convertible that was 65% of what Parkers Guide indicated and was in fact less than webuyanycar offered. It was also 43% of the price two main dealers currently have same age, same mileage, same spec on their forecourts. So, not only are they getting full margin on the Evoque, they also want to fCensoredk you roughly on the trade in also.

Looks like we will be selling the Saab privately.

Still have not told the dealer when we will take delivery. Hinted that we may wait until we have sold the Saab privately, so early Jan. Obviously they do not want £38K in their bank account before ChristmasExclamation Obviously rolling with money.

We are not at all happy with them.

I think you were deluded when you expected them to be fair with a part ex really, if you refuse their valuation and cancel your car they will sell it tomorrow to someone else, they have an in demand product so they know they can take th "p". Why expect them to be fair when they dont have to be? its poor form but they can get away with it so they will!

Good luck with a private sale!

I suppose saabs recent issues will not have done residuals any good either.
16-12-2011 06:36pm
LDT

I strongly agree with you, what a rip off.

When I asked my dealer to provide a part ex price when I ordered the car, in order for me to get a rough idea, they advised they could not do so until 4 weeks from delivery. I read that to mean "would not". I therefore sold my privately which is not as convenient, and I will shortly be driving a loan car to tide me over until the RRE arrives (thanks to my brother in law).

Good for you for making them wait for their money, although it must be hard as you will obviously be itching to get your Evoque. Really shoddy treatment - they forget that although their dealerships have hit a purple patch at the moment with the RRE launch, this will not last indefinitely. Most quality marques have good times, followed by normal sales when the initial buzz has worn off. You will have the last laugh if you decide to purchase another RRE.

I am sure you will be happy with your Evoque when you get it and look forward to reading more positive posts from you!

Prestige SD4 Auto, Ipanema/Ambience, Style 4 Wheels, Pan Roof, Privacy, Dimming Mirror, High Beam Assist, Surround Cameras, Spare Wheel, Mud Flaps.
[Image: 116286.png]
16-12-2011 06:36pm