Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Alarm behaviour
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: Alarm behaviour

Liam, it would be very helpful to owners if Land Rover would tell dealers in a special letter about things like this. It is amazing how many service managers and service staff never seem to be aware of technical issues with cars that the technical team at Land Rover has found a fix for. Evoque isn't the only LR product that has issues that your good self or members of forums have been more aware of fixes than the people we take our cars to for application of the fix. There is nothing more frustrating for an owner who knows that there is a fix for his problem to be told by service reception staff and service managers that they have never heard of the fix so it doesn't exist. I'm sure I speak for many owners when I say that I have resorted in the past to printing out TSB's and posts from the various forums and taking them along to service managers who doubt what I am telling them. Fortunately I now deal with two service outlets where this isn't an issue but I have in the past and it is maddening.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 28-03-2013 02:43pm by XFullFatTim.)
28-03-2013 02:27pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
WB
WB

(28-03-2013 01:21pm)Liam@LandRover Wrote:  Hi all,

I hope you are well.

I wanted to provide you with an update on the Alarm concern on the Evoque. I have spoken with our engineering team today who have confirmed that the fix is imminent and will be out in April, as soon as I get a release date I will update you accordingly.

Thank you all for your patience in this matter I know how much of an inconvenience this has been for you all. Please don’t hesitate to contact me with any questions you may have.

Kind regards,
Liam

Liam, can you please advise the chassis numbers or build dates that will require the fix. My first evoque didn't have any false alarm issues but I've seen the new one go off at least once without any obvious cause.

Thanks
28-03-2013 02:32pm
CRC@LandRover

Hi Tim,

We do send messages to dealers via our technical message board, however sometimes these are missed. I agree the communication needs to be better, which we have recognised and are going to improve.

Hi William,

If you are experiencing the alarm going off I would suggest you will need the software upgrade applying.

Kind regards,
Liam

Please note although Land Rover will try to assist you with your issue, we are unable to provide any technical advice. This account is available between 0900 and 17:00 hours Monday – Friday. Outside of this time if you require assistance, please drop us a Private Message and we'll get back to you.
28-03-2013 03:11pm
cjfp

(28-03-2013 02:32pm)WB Wrote:  Liam, can you please advise the chassis numbers or build dates that will require the fix. My first evoque didn't have any false alarm issues but I've seen the new one go off at least once without any obvious cause.

Thanks

Neither did mine for 12 months !

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
28-03-2013 06:15pm
ogpurestyle

1st service and updates added last Friday .....alarm (only siren and no flashing lights) at 03:00hrs today. No previous problems so I would agree that it is linked to the updates being applied at 1st service and the same software is most probably on new cars.
29-03-2013 12:43pm
pacmeoff

Picked up my new Evoque last Sunday (build date 14th Feb 2013) and I think the alarms gone off twice now, I say think because the indicators do not flash and it only appears to alarms for 20 seconds or so before it stops.

I'm assuming it's my car because I have not heard this alarm in the past.

What date was the fix released? and can I tell via the software if the alarm gone off?

Regards
Paul.
31-03-2013 12:24pm
Kojak

(31-03-2013 12:24pm)pacmeoff Wrote:  What date was the fix released? and can I tell via the software if the alarm gone off?
Regards
Paul.

LandRover aren't saying yet. April is best information we have.

No you probably wont tell from the software that is has gone off. Nobody has found that in the service menu that I'm aware of.

Have you tried single locking the car?
I was advised to try that and touch wood............Wink

OUT - Pure SD4, Orkney Grey, 5 dr, Manual, Fogs, Xenons, Auto dim mirror, Auto lights / wipers, Power fold mirrors, spare wheel.
IN - Dynamic SD4, Indus Silver, 5 dr, Auto, Heated Steering Wheel, Auto Dim mirror, Spare wheel.
31-03-2013 03:12pm
pacmeoff

I believe it's only been single locked (one press of the lock button), why would it switch itself off after 20 seconds or so, glad it does but strange that it does that.

Paul.
31-03-2013 06:06pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

It resets itself after a time to save your battery and so you don't annoy your neighbours - IIRC it's now part of the EU Type approval regs that a car alarm should not sound continually

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
31-03-2013 06:22pm
cjh

After 2 months of Evoque ownership I have just discovered its my Evoques alarm that keeps going off in the early hours of the morning!!! No flashing lights, just the siren for about 20 secs. Last alarm trigger says panic alarm. i've jumped out of bed a good few times now trying to see if it was my car before it stopped, once walking into the bedroom wall in the pitch black, once almost falling down tge stairs trying to get there in time. I think its pathetic that the lights don't flash as a visual indication even if it is a fault...well at least none of the neighbours realise its my car! why isn't there a time stamp with the last alarm cause notification, at least I would have known it was my car 2 months ago.

Ordered Oct 2012: Dynamic SD4, Firenze Red, Indus Pano, Gloss black strata, Ebony headlining
Aeroflip, Verve interior, Keyless entry, Powered Tailgate, Surround cameras, High beam assist, Heated steering wheel
(This post was last modified: 01-04-2013 09:49am by cjh.)
01-04-2013 06:18am