Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Alarm
PhilSkill

Alarm

I visited Tintern Abbey at the weekend, having found a great parking space on the end of a row with a flower bed to one side was sitting by the river 10 feet from my Evoque, Mr Skoda Estate Driver decides to reverse park in the space in front... As I watch I'm thinking hope he has Parking Sensors... Bang Mad

After much dirty looks, there's no damage! just number plate to his bumber Phew!

Then he proceeds to get his complete boot contents out of the boot a foot from the Evoque...

Getting bored watching Mr careless so close to my Evoque I decide to set the alarm off from the keyfob, chance to hear the Alarm.

Could I then stop it... every button on keyfob did nothing, boot opened... eventully had to get in the car and press start stop!

So if you need to stop the alarm after activating it use the start stop on the Dash!

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
13-03-2012 10:43pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
BTS18

RE: Alarm

(13-03-2012 10:43pm)PhilSkill Wrote:  I visited Tintern Abbey at the weekend, having found a great parking space on the end of a row with a flower bed to one side was sitting by the river 10 feet from my Evoque, Mr Skoda Estate Driver decides to reverse park in the space in front... As I watch I'm thinking hope he has Parking Sensors... Bang Mad

After much dirty looks, there's no damage! just number plate to his bumber Phew!

Then he proceeds to get his complete boot contents out of the boot a foot from the Evoque...

Getting bored watching Mr careless so close to my Evoque I decide to set the alarm off from the keyfob, chance to hear the Alarm.

Could I then stop it... every button on keyfob did nothing, boot opened... eventully had to get in the car and press start stop!

So if you need to stop the alarm after activating it use the start stop on the Dash!

Talk about leaving a story halfway through...........................what happened to Mr Skoda when your alarm sounded?????

5dr Prestige SD4 Auto, Style 5 Wheels, Orkney Grey, Element Interior, Cirrus Headliner, Lux pk, Privacy Glass, Heated Steering Wheel, Spare Wheel.

Ordered: 07/02/12. Build Date: 21/04/12. Delivered: 27/04/12
13-03-2012 10:49pm
THEMACS

(13-03-2012 10:43pm)PhilSkill Wrote:  I visited Tintern Abbey at the weekend, having found a great parking space on the end of a row with a flower bed to one side was sitting by the river 10 feet from my Evoque, Mr Skoda Estate Driver decides to reverse park in the space in front... As I watch I'm thinking hope he has Parking Sensors... Bang Mad

That really p****s me off! Why do they feel the need to park as close as they can? The next time I catch anyone banging my car with a door, I am going to shove their head in the open door and close it on them, see if they like how it feelsLaughing

Orkney Grey 5 Door Prestige, Manual SD4, Vibe Interior, Panoramic Roof and Privacy Glass. Order Placed 2/7/11 Picked Up 17/3/12, Gone 10/5/14
13-03-2012 11:05pm
WB
WB

Sounds like you may have a fault. Mine stops if I press the unlock button
13-03-2012 11:16pm
PhilSkill

(13-03-2012 10:49pm)BTS18 Wrote:  Talk about leaving a story halfway through...........................what happened to Mr Skoda when your alarm sounded?????

Smile sorry got interrupted... he just briefly looked around as if to say wasnt me! well it wasnt to be fair I set it off, but I just wanted to try and make him more aware... but he just carried on as he was in his boot with my alarm sounding... so after finding out how to stop the alarm (and closing the boot) I left before any damage got done.

Ill try again with unlock WB but I wouldn't of been able to get in unless it had unlocked, so must of hit unlock!

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
13-03-2012 11:38pm
ceebee

Alarm

I think if you press the alarm button
for 5 seconds it turns it off without the need to open and start the car?

Waiting for: - 2015 SD4 Dynamic, LUX pack, Auto, 5 door. Mauritius Blue. Santorini Roof........spare wheel.
14-03-2012 12:13am
PhilSkill

Ill try that ceebee its not something I did, didnt need to start car just press the start button with foot not on clutch.

14-03-2012 12:35am
ceebee

Philskill, I had a similar experience with mine when I saw someone looking rather too closely at the car in a car park, so I set off the alarm with the keyfob to let them know that I was aware that he was there.
The problem was that I could not figure out how to turn it off, so had to get into the car etc....but I can't recall whether I actually started the car or depressed the clutch.
From what I remember the handbook says that you can press and hold the alarm button for 5 seconds to turn it off, but I haven't tried it yet?

Waiting for: - 2015 SD4 Dynamic, LUX pack, Auto, 5 door. Mauritius Blue. Santorini Roof........spare wheel.
14-03-2012 10:05am
Westy

I agree with ceebee if you activate the panic alarm, the only way to switch it off is to press the same button for five seconds.

I found out the hard way as a friend thought it would be really funny when I first got the car to do this and I was pressing every button and it would not switch off outside my house, neighbours curtains twitching and watching me frantically trying to switch it off. I have now read the manual and now I'm sorted.

As a panic I think it is a good thing, so long as we all know how to deactivate.

As for the dumbbell parking so close I will have to remember that trick,

One of the happy owners, ordered June 2011, delivered Wednesday 8th February 2012, now 97000 miles. Scorpions lasted 78'000 miles.

Pure TD4 5 door, fuji white, ebony interior, Pan roof, Front fogs, spare wheel, privacy glass, towbar and black roofrails.

Cars got to go back to company March 25th 2015 Sad
14-03-2012 11:49am
3V0QU3

Alarm

From memory you can activate the panic by either holding the panic button for 3 seconds or pressing it 3 times within 3 seconds. You stop it in the same way, but you can't stop it within 5 seconds of starting it. That might be where the confusion is, 5 seconds is a long time when you are trying to shit the alarm up.

Orkney Grey 5 Door Prestige Lux + AD + Black Roof Lining + Heated Steering Wheel
Arrived 27/03/12
Very Happy
23-04-2012 10:20am