Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 2 Average
Air Con stopped working.....
Jakesangel

Air Con stopped working.....

Then started again and so it goes on. We have a 2013 Evoque Dynamic and we attempted to have it re-gassed a couple of weeks ago only to be told the compressor is not engaging and will need replacing.
We took it to the garage and they said the compressor is working so we had an aircon service, re-gass, leak check etc and everything was fine. Then on the way home it stopped working again Shocked
We obviously took it back to the garage and when we got there it was working again so they couldn't really do anything.
Since then, its been on and off like that for about a week which is really frustrating. So this morning we took it to AIRCON DIRECT in Northfleet. Using their computer they diagnosed there is actually an intermittent fault with the humidity sensor inside the car which is causing the issue.
We are having the part replaced tomorrow so i'll let you all know how we get on. I just thought it might be a good idea to give you all the heads up in case anyone is experiencing the same problem rather than start replacing compressors unnecessarily Thumbs Up
10-05-2018 10:42am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: Air Con stopped working.....

Do you run with the aircon on all the time? Many people don’t, but it is designed to be “climate control” and it is better to just leave it on all the time and adjust the temperature settings up and down as required. Modern AC systems don’t have such a dire effect on fuel consumption as the old systems or the basic AC fitted to many cheaper cars.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
12-05-2018 04:13pm
Jakesangel

(12-05-2018 04:13pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  Do you run with the aircon on all the time? Many people don’t, but it is designed to be “climate control” and it is better to just leave it on all the time and adjust the temperature settings up and down as required. Modern AC systems don’t have such a dire effect on fuel consumption as the old systems or the basic AC fitted to many cheaper cars.

Yeah we have the aircon running all the time. Anyway, we replaced the humidity sensor as advised and it made absolutely no difference at all unfortunately. To be honest I had my suspicions as I didn't think it was that causing the issue. After further investigations it would appear it is in fact the compressor unit. The workshop is coming back to me today with a price and hopefully it will be covered under the warranty (Not LR warranty).

I'll let you know how we get on.

Thanks for the reply though Thumbs Up
14-05-2018 09:32am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Good luck then, hope it turns out OK

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
14-05-2018 12:44pm