Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Aftermarket rearview camera
Billy59

Aftermarket rearview camera

High all.
I'm new to this forum and already found a lot interesting stuf.
I own a RR Evoque without the rear view camera.
My main question is where to install a aftermarket camera and how to route the wiring from back to front.
Original RR rearview camera must be installed in its dedicated location, but can this one be powered and connected to a video playback unit and i supppose the wiring will very difficult to do getting it from the backdoor to the dashboard.
Aftermarket rearview camera might be possible to mount in the rearbumber and then routing the wiring for video/power to the back of the dashboard.
All suggestion are welcome.

Pure Si4 5drs, Santorini Black, Pano roof, 20 inch wheels, Black Gloss lettering, Satnav, detachable towbar and black roofrails.
08-04-2015 10:33pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
jasons

RE: Aftermarket rearview camera

I've done it this week.

Route down the near side, through to the boot area.

Take power for the camera from the 12v socket it the boot, then route the camera feed up to the top of the boot.

Through the rubber connector through to the boot lid and then down inside the rear.

It's about a 90 minute job.

Do it on a warm day as the trim clips are fragile when cold.
Sorry, didn't take any pictures when I did mine...

J
09-04-2015 07:29am
doug

One further tip.
Take the 12vdc feed from the reverse light (piggy back on the harness) there's a metal ground point in the same area as the rear light cluster. That way the camera won't be powered up all of the time, to prolong its life.
As for where to fit, The plastic trim above the number plate ( holding the number plate lights) once removed has the area marked out on the back where the factory fit camera should be fitted.
One more thing, the camera needs to be NTSC & not PAL.

[Image: mini-graphics-vehicles-244162.gif] ABOVE AND BEYOND
RRE sold after 5 happy years. Jag F-Pace owner now
09-04-2015 08:37am
ragtap

The cameras you fit were original?? I want to retrofit the original one, but I dont know the pinout.

Thanx a lot in advance
12-05-2015 08:47pm
Turbolover

Is possible to connect the rear camera (NTSC) directly to the Navi, without to install a module?
(This post was last modified: 19-05-2015 06:38pm by Turbolover.)
19-05-2015 06:37pm
Billy59

Jasons, can you describe in detail how did get the wires ( power and video) from the bootdoor into the car.
On both sides of the bootdoor is a rubber hose, guiding the wires from the boot.
How did you manage to get the wires through one of these hoses?
Once you manage the wires through one of these hoses you end up behind the ceiling coverage.
How did you get the wires from there to the fusebox in the boot?
And last but not least how did you route the video wire to the video device in the dashboard?

Pure Si4 5drs, Santorini Black, Pano roof, 20 inch wheels, Black Gloss lettering, Satnav, detachable towbar and black roofrails.
31-07-2015 10:00pm
jasons

(31-07-2015 10:00pm)Billy59 Wrote:  Jasons, can you describe in detail how did get the wires ( power and video) from the bootdoor into the car.
On both sides of the bootdoor is a rubber hose, guiding the wires from the boot.
How did you manage to get the wires through one of these hoses?
Once you manage the wires through one of these hoses you end up behind the ceiling coverage.
How did you get the wires from there to the fusebox in the boot?
And last but not least how did you route the video wire to the video device in the dashboard?

It's really easy to do as the build quality on these just means they clip together.

I used flexi wire to go through the rubber gator into the boot lid and then down inside.

It's easy enough to route the wires under the trim to the front to the back of the car..
31-07-2015 10:03pm
Stanboy

Put mine in the black bumper, inline with the reversing sensors.
Threaded a 4 core wire, 2 for connecting cameras, 2 pos and negative,ifrom the back up thro the rear loom grommet along the bottom of door treads up the a pillar into the headlong down to the after market clip on mirror teed iinto power wires and piggybacked to the reversing light fuse in the glove compartment earthed onto metal surroun of glove box.
01-08-2015 09:57am
wheels

(19-05-2015 06:37pm)Turbolover Wrote:  Is possible to connect the rear camera (NTSC) directly to the Navi, without to install a module?

Would be interested to know this as well
01-08-2015 03:17pm
Billy59

Jasons, who did you manage to get the flexible wire up in the boot area from the fusebox to end up at the rubber hose connection on top of the left side of the boot?
Did you have to remove some interior panels or a portion of the roof panel to access the flexible wire and guide it into the rubber hose?
It's obvious the rubber hose has to openend on both ends to get the wires through.
Once I figured this, the rest is straight forward as you already mentioned.

10-08-2015 11:02pm