Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 2 Average
Aftermarket or oem video/ tv module
snksnk

Does anyone know where to buy and how to fit an oem or aftermarket video/tv module on my dynamic? I have currently no tv or sat nav and i cannot play video. I do have the surounding camera system if that counts any how. I thought that the dynamic was capable of playing video from usb or ipod thats why i did not order that from the begining..
Thanks..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
17-04-2012 09:44am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: Aftermarket or oem video/ tv module

Suggest you contact forum sponsor Peter Bell at BAS, he sells aftermarket systems that will play on the centre screen.
Otherwise for the rear seats iPads/ Tablet computers seem to be the way to go.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
17-04-2012 09:49am
doug

This works if you have the sat nav. But as Tim said, give pete a call to ask about the non DVD playing screen.
My guess is no, as it's reads the software from a different head unit.

http://bellautoservices.co.uk/products/e...e-install/

http://bellautoservices.co.uk/products/e...-the-move/

[Image: mini-graphics-vehicles-244162.gif] ABOVE AND BEYOND
RRE sold after 5 happy years. Jag F-Pace owner now
17-04-2012 10:46am
snksnk

(17-04-2012 10:46am)doug Wrote:  This works if you have the sat nav. But as Tim said, give pete a call to ask about the non DVD playing screen.
My guess is no, as it's reads the software from a different head unit.

http://bellautoservices.co.uk/products/e...e-install/

http://bellautoservices.co.uk/products/e...-the-move/

This is not it.this is if you already have installed the sat nav feature or tv. I want to install one from the begining

17-04-2012 03:07pm
doug

(17-04-2012 03:07pm)snksnk Wrote:  This is not it.this is if you already have installed the sat nav feature or tv. I want to install one from the begining

Sorry, I thought you you wanted to add a DVD player to the head unit you already have installed.
If your after a head unit for sat nav, there is no aftermarket unit on the market & I wouldn't hold out on one . I know on some makes of cars you can fully connect up a smart phone, to use the phones sat nav after installing a aftermarket box of tricks. But never seen one for any LR model.
The only option I can see you have is to buy a complete new head unit & outer button frame from LR & there's still the problem with needing a GPS aerial.

I would stick a Tom Tom on the windscreen, as long as you don't have the heated screen.

17-04-2012 03:25pm
snksnk

(17-04-2012 03:25pm)doug Wrote:  Sorry, I thought you you wanted to add a DVD player to the head unit you already have installed.
If your after a head unit for sat nav, there is no aftermarket unit on the market & I wouldn't hold out on one . I know on some makes of cars you can fully connect up a smart phone, to use the phones sat nav after installing a aftermarket box of tricks. But never seen one for any LR model.
The only option I can see you have is to buy a complete new head unit & outer button frame from LR & there's still the problem with needing a GPS aerial.

I would stick a Tom Tom on the windscreen, as long as you don't have the heated screen.

Thanks doug i'll contact my dealer tomorrow

17-04-2012 04:23pm
snksnk

I just contacted my local dealer and he said that there is no possible way that i can add tv or a dvd player now. This can only be done in factory when its first assembled. How is this possible? Its just electronics...

18-04-2012 07:46am
EVO PUNDITT

(18-04-2012 07:46am)snksnk Wrote:  I just contacted my local dealer and he said that there is no possible way that i can add tv or a dvd player now. This can only be done in factory when its first assembled. How is this possible? Its just electronics...

What do they know? I think someone will come up with a solution

Pure: SD4,Manual,pan roof,electric tail gate,reversing cam,tints,xenons (finally), 19" style 4 and in orkney grey 5 door,ebony headliner,f/s/mirrors,Nov build and Dec arrived
18-04-2012 08:24am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Often OEM systems for other Range Rovers come up for sale on the UK part of E-Bay, if you take a look every so often you may get one for Evoque come up - I think you will find that you can remove your screen from it's mountings and fit another quite easily. The other place to look in the UK is Equicar who are scrappers of wrecked 4x4's and SUV's and they sell the bits online as well as to those who call in person.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 18-04-2012 10:10am by XFullFatTim.)
18-04-2012 10:10am
doug

i'm sure James from Lookers Park Lane had a customer who wanted the dual view screen fitted after delivery of there Evoque. it cost around £900 i think.
It must be possable to order all the parts you need, but with parts & labour cost could be around £1300

18-04-2012 10:35am