Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Smart key update
Mikey777

Smart key update

Hi guys/girls,
Some weeks since my last update, but still being promised a software and hardware solution to my dash display regularly showing - smart key not recognised!
LR are working on fix but becoming frustrated as now been occurring for 8 months and no fix
Tends to occur 8 times a week and as I only use the vehicle 3/4times a week it's quite frustrating
Fingers xd for solution
Regards,
Mikey:evil

Pure 2.2 SD4, Manual, Firenza with cirrus, Pano, Zenons, Front Fogs, Camera, Privacy glass,
19" Style 4 and Spare
12-11-2012 05:12pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ED209

RE: Smart key update

I am confused as to how a fault can happen 8 times when you only use the vehicle 3 or 4 times?

td4 Pure manual in orkney grey, auto wipers/lights, front fogs, spare wheel. carmats4u mats, travall dog guard. Collected 30/03/12.
12-11-2012 05:45pm
Easty

Re: RE: Smart key update

(12-11-2012 05:45pm)ED209 Wrote:  I am confused as to how a fault can happen 8 times when you only use the vehicle 3 or 4 times?

Twice per journey. Smile

I have this sometimes on my bike if i drop the key in the same pocket with my wallet. Must be all the dust blocking the signal. Smile
12-11-2012 05:59pm
ED209

(12-11-2012 05:59pm)Easty Wrote:  Twice per journey. Smile

I have this sometimes on my bike if i drop the key in the same pocket with my wallet. Must be all the dust blocking the signal. Smile

But that would count as 2 uses of the car, if you stop and get out then thats a seperate use.

td4 Pure manual in orkney grey, auto wipers/lights, front fogs, spare wheel. carmats4u mats, travall dog guard. Collected 30/03/12.
12-11-2012 07:01pm
Easty

Re: Smart key update

Ah sorry. Not having the car yet, nor seeing the error i was just guessing.. On the bike it comes up with the error while the bike is running. It can come on and go off several times in one trip. Guess its trying to tell you to check you have the key before you shut off.. But then there is a pin, so it has loads of redundancy.

Sent from my ST17a using Tapatalk 2
12-11-2012 07:16pm
Mikey777

While I only use the vehicle 3/4times per week I often stop park and move somewhere else and restart so that's why the occurence is high and happens unfortunately so often
Have tried moving keys all over vehicle with no avail
Appreciate it can be started by putting key under cowl but that takes time and for price of vehicle not good
Mikey

Pure 2.2 SD4, Manual, Firenza with cirrus, Pano, Zenons, Front Fogs, Camera, Privacy glass,
19" Style 4 and Spare
13-11-2012 06:50pm