Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
After Sales Fit
IvorRedOne

After Sales Fit

Guys, My car came without the Front Fogs due to the Dealer Principle being a total tosser and screwing up my order big time. (TP Topping Enniskillen)

Has anyone had an after sales fit of the Front fogs and if so what was the cost involved, how long did it take to fit the lights and what aftersales equipment was needed?

Grateful if anyone has info on this. Thanks
27-06-2012 06:23pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
doug

RE: After Sales Fit

Have a read on this thread. http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-Retro-Fit...ght+fixing

[Image: mini-graphics-vehicles-244162.gif] ABOVE AND BEYOND
RRE sold after 5 happy years. Jag F-Pace owner now
(This post was last modified: 27-06-2012 06:31pm by doug.)
27-06-2012 06:31pm
IvorRedOne

(27-06-2012 06:31pm)doug Wrote:  Have a read on this thread. http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-Retro-Fit...ght+fixing

Should have mentioned that LR have offered me £250 towards the cost of fitting, Dealer has offered to do the work but wants to offer me £250 as compensation but still wants to charge me £500 for labour and parts.
27-06-2012 06:36pm
Barton Evoque

Dealer told me after fit would cost £700 so i've ordered them on my build.lets hope i don't get your problem.

Evoque My13 TD4 Pure.Orkney Grey with Tech Pack~Spare Wheel~Front Fogs~Privacy Glass~Ebony Interior~Mudflaps~Evoque Footrest~DVD Headrests~Towtrust Towbar.Collected 17th Sept. Very Happy
Also nicely modded Audi TT Roadster.
27-06-2012 06:41pm
Urban Splash

So they make £250 from their mistake? Tell them to f**k right off!

Delivered: Evoque 5 door Prestige SD4 Auto 4WD, Orkney Grey, Fixed Panoramic Roof, Ivory Headliner, Vibe Interior, Spare wheel, 20" Chrome Shadow Style 7
27-06-2012 07:15pm
doug

(27-06-2012 06:36pm)IvorRedOne Wrote:  Should have mentioned that LR have offered me £250 towards the cost of fitting, Dealer has offered to do the work but wants to offer me £250 as compensation but still wants to charge me £500 for labour and parts.

£1000 for supply & fit Confused
Sound like your dealer has added £500 on to the price.
From what you said, do you have any paper work from your dealer which lists the fog lights as part of your order? If you do, than I can't see why you should be asked to pay anything fir your dealer to for the light units,replace the light switch & run a few cables etc....

[Image: mini-graphics-vehicles-244162.gif] ABOVE AND BEYOND
RRE sold after 5 happy years. Jag F-Pace owner now
27-06-2012 07:22pm
WB
WB

They are shameless!!

Buy a set from eBay and tell them to fit them - there were some on for £60 the other day.

Alternatively as its their screw up why not reject the car and have them rebuild? You could insist on the use of the "incorrect" car until the correct one shows up... That will cost them a bit more than the cost of the fog lamps that they are messing about with.
(This post was last modified: 27-06-2012 09:21pm by WB.)
27-06-2012 09:19pm
IvorRedOne

(27-06-2012 09:19pm)WB Wrote:  They are shameless!!

Buy a set from eBay and tell them to fit them - there were some on for £60 the other day.

Alternatively as its their screw up why not reject the car and have them rebuild? You could insist on the use of the "incorrect" car until the correct one shows up... That will cost them a bit more than the cost of the fog lamps that they are messing about with.

This evening I received a phone call from LR Mainland UK Who are now investigating the build and why the style pack with Electric mirrors, Seats and Front Fogs were not included in the build. The car was originally ordered with this pack and with 19 inch wheels. I asked if the wheels could be replaced for 20 inch without the removal of any style packs and they confirmed that they could do this at additional £900 for the 20 inch wheels. I wasnt informed until the day I was picking the car up that the order wasn't correct. I had two options. Wait another 6 months or take the car as is with the reduction in price. They told me they could do an after fit on the lights but not on the seats and mirrors.
The dealer principle would not admit it was his mistake and still will not. Hence LR UK are getting involved..

Hopefully have resolution to this problem soon.

For those With Fogs who do not know what the Evoque looks like without then here it is:

[Image: p51902831600x1200.jpg]
On another note, the car was meant to be debadge. Instead of debadging the dealership placed their company's name on both number plates (fair enough) on the massive tax disc holder, on the tiny rear window and to cap it all, placed a Tacky plastic advertising strip on the rear under the land rover badge. Told them to get rid straight away. They have since paid for the removal of all badges except the EVOQUE badge. Here's a pic from in the show room. Oh yes, the day before I was to collect the car and they had left it outside wet through expecting me to take delivery. Told them get it cleaned up and back in the show room. People in Northern Ireland. Stay clear of TP Topping of Enniskillen.

If I could share the 5 page letter of complaint with you guys I would. But I dont think there is a link or faciltiy to do that on here.

[Image: 201202211212531600x1200.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 27-06-2012 11:31pm by IvorRedOne.)
27-06-2012 11:18pm
WB
WB

That is shocking - you should really consider rejecting the car and have use of this one or another suitable loan car until what you actually ordered arrives.

You should find out the dealer principal's boss is and make sure they are informed and then deal with LR customer services directly until they give you a solution you're happy with - I don't think even retrofitting the fog lights comes close to compensating you for this mess! With situations like this you'll just need to keep going up the chain of command until somebody listens.

Also make sure you tell them this is all being discussed on the internet forums so they know that other people will hear about how they resolve this.
Also you should question the £900. If you upgrade from the 19" wheels to the 20" Style 6 the difference is £450
(This post was last modified: 28-06-2012 11:16am by WB.)
28-06-2012 11:14am
xxxx5

(28-06-2012 11:14am)WB Wrote:  That is shocking - you should really consider rejecting the car and have use of this one or another suitable loan car until what you actually ordered arrives.

You should find out the dealer principal's boss is and make sure they are informed and then deal with LR customer services directly until they give you a solution you're happy with - I don't think even retrofitting the fog lights comes close to compensating you for this mess! With situations like this you'll just need to keep going up the chain of command until somebody listens.

Also make sure you tell them this is all being discussed on the internet forums so they know that other people will hear about how they resolve this.
Also you should question the £900. If you upgrade from the 19" wheels to the 20" Style 6 the difference is £450

Totally agree, also consider getting "What Car " involved to fight you case.

Now Sold: 5dr Pure SD4 Man / Fuji White / Pano Roof / Tech Park / Style 6 Alloys / Privacy Glass / Xenons / Black H'lining / Power Fold Door Mirrors / Power Tailgate / Carpet Mats / Front Fogs.
28-06-2012 11:18am