Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Aero Function Body Pieces
meesterover

Aero Function Body Pieces

I am curious if anyone here has any experience with the Aero Function body kits and their level of quality.

I am looking to get the front bumper, light inserts and side skirts. The whole point of this exercise is to get rid of the cheap looking plastic trim around the bottom of the vehicle. However, just having that painted would also solve that problem.

I have dealt with some pretty crap-quality body kits in the past and prefer not to do it again. So I am curious if anyone can vouch for the level of quality with this company.

.jpg  108736.jpg (Size: 231.48 KB / Downloads: 47)

.jpg  108734.jpg (Size: 166.52 KB / Downloads: 33)

.jpg  108733.jpg (Size: 141.69 KB / Downloads: 32)
20-06-2017 02:54pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: Aero Function Body Pieces

Those look like the kits that Kahn has been unable to sell here in the UK. The gaps to the body panels look very big in places and they look like they would fall off when you drive over the first pothole................ and I don't think they enhance an already great design.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 21-06-2017 09:28am by XFullFatTim.)
21-06-2017 09:25am
meesterover

That sounds discouraging for that kit, but kind of makes the decision easier. I am also seeing, per the Evoque manual, that the front bumper is one solid piece. Thus making the installation of this even more difficult. I personally like the look, but not at the degradation of the vehicle. I am going to swing by the body shop in a couple of hours to discuss with them as I have some rear bumper work that needs fixing after someone bumped me.
22-06-2017 04:13pm
Pete

Those look like design drawings to me and probably don't reflect the real fitment in terms of gaps. They might well look and fit better in real life.

Porsche Macan
23-06-2017 08:15am