Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Advice, removing interior trim?
imthebest20

Advice, removing interior trim?

Hi everyone.

I just got my Evoque Pure Tech a few weeks ago (demonstrator) but the silver trim either side of the centre console (where the gear stick is) is full of little dents where some one has bashed their watch or seatbelt off the trim a few times.

I was thinking of taking these off and having them dipped/recovered along with the long silver trim that runs along the dashboard. Does anyone know how to remove any of these pieces?

I have found a youtube video of removing the trim either side of the centre console (on a USA model, but hoping it's the same as UK) but I can't find anything about removing the piece that runs along the dash.

Anyone have any idea's?

Many thanks in advance.
23-09-2014 03:54pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
m_101

RE: Advice, removing interior trim?

This is really easy - even I managed it, in an effort to reduce some of the creaking that was coming from mine. Remove the two torx screws under the "fireplace" bit, then once you have the top of the centre console a bit more free, remove the electronic connectors from around the side and under the gear selector. The side panels that you're talking about are simply held on by 4 more torx screws each.

As for the dashboard I think that's a bit more complicated. There was a video on Youtube that I saw which was showing how to fit a tv module and had that bit off but can't remember what it was called - sorry!

5 door MY12 Fuji Dynamic Plus with shadow chromes, santorini contrast roof, power tailgate and a couple of added rattles!
Mods - Black RR bonnet vents, Side steps, Silicone rear wiper, rear sill protector, rear sill plates, LED interior lighting conversion, 2014 Sat Nav update.
(This post was last modified: 24-09-2014 11:42am by m_101.)
24-09-2014 11:41am
imthebest20

Thanks for the reply.

Please don't hit me for this as I'm sure I seen a dedicated page to request part numbers the other day but now I can't seem to find it, but does anyone know the part numbers for

*The 2 silver pieces that run down each side of the centre console
* The silver (well in mine) that runs along the dashboard and around the start/stop button
07-11-2014 04:30pm
bee

(07-11-2014 04:30pm)imthebest20 Wrote:  Thanks for the reply.

Please don't hit me for this as I'm sure I seen a dedicated page to request part numbers the other day but now I can't seem to find it, but does anyone know the part numbers for

*The 2 silver pieces that run down each side of the centre console
* The silver (well in mine) that runs along the dashboard and around the start/stop button

i have seen some plastic stick on protecters for this area on ebay.

2013 auto sicillian yellow special edition. with all the goodies supplied with this model.
07-11-2014 08:05pm
m_101

Like these ones?
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Land-Rover-Ran...3ceb6d36ff

5 door MY12 Fuji Dynamic Plus with shadow chromes, santorini contrast roof, power tailgate and a couple of added rattles!
Mods - Black RR bonnet vents, Side steps, Silicone rear wiper, rear sill protector, rear sill plates, LED interior lighting conversion, 2014 Sat Nav update.
08-11-2014 05:00pm
bee

(08-11-2014 05:00pm)m_101 Wrote:  Like these ones?
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Land-Rover-Ran...3ceb6d36ff

yep them are the ones.

2013 auto sicillian yellow special edition. with all the goodies supplied with this model.
08-11-2014 06:39pm