Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Advice needed - Cannot open rear doors from inside !!
Jakesangel

Advice needed - Cannot open rear doors from inside !!

Hi everyone,

My passengers were unable to open either of the rear doors on the Evoque (5 Door) yesterday despite me pushing the door release button on my drivers door panel. Both myself and my wife had to open our doors and then had to open the rear doors in order for the passengers to exit the vehicles.

Is there some sort of child lock in operation which I could possibly override or is there something actually wrong with the rear doors ?

Only picked the car up a few days ago so i'm still getting used to everything !!

As always, any help you can over would be greatly appreciated.

Rich
31-01-2017 12:36pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Steve D

RE: Advice needed - Cannot open rear doors from inside !!

Isn't there a little white plastic button thingy that you can set them with on the locks themselves? You can see it near the catch with the door open and you use a flat bladed screwdriver (or the blade of any key on your key ring that fits) to turn it one way or the other or am I still thinking of my Freelander?

Edit: See the white keyway at the bottom left of this picture. Turn yours 90 degrees to turn off the child lock.

https://ae01.alicdn.com/kf/HTB17AkKIVXXX...-Rover.jpg

Santorini SD4A Dynamic Lux with shadow chromes, ebony leather and privacy glass. Very Happy
(This post was last modified: 31-01-2017 01:26pm by Steve D.)
31-01-2017 01:13pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Yep, sounds like the child proof locks have been operated, but it could also be one of the dash settings for drive away security has been enabled. IIRC if you have this set then only the driver's door will unlock from the inside, but as am nowhere near any car at the moment cannot go and check.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
31-01-2017 01:35pm
Jakesangel

Spot on mate, I found the white plastic button you mentioned and gave it a turn. As it happens there is a small instruction sticker practically next to it confirming what you said. Gave it a twist an the doors open no problem now from the inside.

I'm starting to love this forum already Very Happy

Rich
31-01-2017 03:30pm