Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Advanced Park Assist Problem
swhittak

Has anyone heard of a fix for the MY14 Park Exit function not being selectable?

When I push the Park Assist button, it's supposed to cycle between the various options, but instead just turns parallel park assist on/off.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
MY'14 RRE Dynamic 5-Door - Orkney Grey - 20" Vibration Wheels
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
15-04-2014 05:37am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
cjfp

RE: Advanced Park Assist Problem

Hate to ask, but sure is MY14 (which has options) and not a MY13 which was parallel park only ?

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
15-04-2014 06:00am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Are all your parking sensors clean and working?

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
15-04-2014 08:20am
swhittak

Def an MY'14 since I have the 9-speed 'box and a lovely little icon that shows both in and out for parallel parking.

Sensors are all clean, the weird thing is that it'll park itself, just doesn't have the option to exit from the same spot when I press the button. According to the manual I should be able to press it once for in, twice for out, and a third time for off. But all I get is in or off.
There's a thread on another board about this but no one has posted a solution and I figured I'd ask here whilst the service department at my dealer are looking into it.

15-04-2014 02:59pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Might be worth contacting Pete@LRCS on here and ask him if there are any known issues or if the development team are aware of any problems. I never used auto-park on my last car so even with the advances of perpendicular autopark and auto-unparking
I doubt that I will use them much. I have found the approaching traffic system really useful in supermarket carparks though, especially when there is a long wheelbase Transit / light van parked next to me.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
15-04-2014 03:36pm
Beopaul

(15-04-2014 05:37am)swhittak Wrote:  Has anyone heard of a fix for the MY14 Park Exit function not being selectable?

When I push the Park Assist button, it's supposed to cycle between the various options, but instead just turns parallel park assist on/off.

The official word on this (in the USA market) is that on March 6th, an Operations Bulletin was released concerning this. "A manufacture software programming issue has been identified." All 2014 Evoques with Advanced Park Assist have been programmed without the "Park Out" feature. A service campaign is to follow with a required software upgrade that will enable the Park Out feature.

No mention in the bulletin though on when this will happen, or if we'll be also getting perpendicular park. A Land Rover rep did tell me that if perpendicular park is in the manual, it should be in the car. Lack of sensors on the rear wheel well plastic trim makes me question whether perp. park will be coming.

How do I come up with the perp. parking suspicions? Well, the 2014 catalog states that rear mud flaps are incompatible with perp. perk (the only place perp. park is mentioned anywhere). I also see in some 2014 pics the presence of sensors right where the mud flaps would be placed. Since I see no sensors on my 2014 Prestige that I'd be blocking, I mustn't have the sensors needed for perp. park. Unless they also add these when they fix the software, I'd expect we'd only get parallel park/park exit.

I'm curious if this issue affects the USA market only or it's world-wide.

-- Paul
(This post was last modified: 16-04-2014 08:02am by Beopaul.)
16-04-2014 07:48am
MarkA_

My 2014 park assist is working for all modes - entry, exit and perpendicular. Build date 17th March. Uk specification.

Now: MY14 Dynamic Mauritius Blue/Contrast Pano, IP, BP, PIP, Powered Tailgate, IncontrolR+S, etc.
History: '08 BMW 123d MSport Coupe, '01 Mini Cooper, '91 BMW 316i, '96 Mitsubishi FTO, '96 Mazda 323, '88 Holden Camira
16-04-2014 09:00am
swhittak

I don't think that the USA spec cars get the perpendicular park option, odd I know, but it's good to hear that JLR have at least owned the problem even if they don't have a fix yet.
My car was built on Feb-12 so I guess the software wasn't up to date by then Sad

16-04-2014 12:38pm
swhittak

Update: Just had a call from JLR Customer Service and they have indeed 'owned' the problem. I've asked for the bulletin number so that my dealer can track it and will post as soon as I have it.... IF I do get it!

24-04-2014 05:46pm
JavierBayArea

Anyone has gotten their software updated?.

My topix says i can have park exit enabled, but i'm not that interested in that. Now if i also get perpendicular parking my wife would love it.

Do you get perpendicular parking if you get a 2014 usa vehicle's software updated?
03-07-2014 04:23pm