Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Adding Photo's To Posts.
The Valeter

Adding Photo's To Posts.

I was going to start a thread with a couple of photo's of my car in build at the factory but they wouldn't upload presumably because they were too large & I have no idea how to resize photos.
Any ideas?

Came Home On 02/03/13 Pure Tech In Barolo Black/Cirrus Trim with Bespoke Firenze Ascents + Numerous Factory Options!!
Also :-

Rover 25GSi - 2005 Everyday Car.
MG ZR-Express Van - 2005 Special Factory Order (Literally a one off).
MG Montego 2.0i - 1990 Shows/Sunny Days.
MG Metro 1300 - 1983 Being Restored!
17-03-2012 08:14pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
cjfp

RE: Adding Photo's To Posts.

See post 4

http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-Advice-fo...oto+bucket

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
17-03-2012 08:24pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
The Valeter

So do you need to put them on Photobucket first?

Came Home On 02/03/13 Pure Tech In Barolo Black/Cirrus Trim with Bespoke Firenze Ascents + Numerous Factory Options!!

17-03-2012 08:37pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Kimv

Yes

Dynamic SD4 Auto 5dr, Tech Pack, Santorini Black, Verve Interior with Ebony headlining, Panoramic Roof, Privacy Glass, Solar Attenuating Glass, Style 7 Alloys, Adaptive Dynamics.
17-03-2012 08:40pm
cjfp

Sorry, the post I linked to wasn't the post i was looking for / thought it was. Xfullfattim has posted instructions but I now can't find them. I'll keep looking.

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
(This post was last modified: 17-03-2012 08:42pm by cjfp.)
17-03-2012 08:42pm
The Valeter

(17-03-2012 08:40pm)Kimv Wrote:  Yes

Thanks, that is a bit of a pain then lol.

17-03-2012 08:54pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

posting to a free hosting website is the easiest way as you photos are automatically resized to suit the host. You don't have to use photobucket, any online hosting website that will also give you a URL for your pictures will do.
Open your account (free!)
Upload your photos from your camera to your PC/Laptop iPhone or iPad (Photobucket has an iPhone app that makes it even easier!)
In Photobucket there is an option to "bulk" upload (up to ten photos at a time and video) from your PC to the system
When your photos have uploaded create an album - these can be made private or public too
Once you have everything in place then open the album folder in the system adjacent to each photo there will be an Ip/direct link/ IMG code - you need to copy the IMG code to get photos into a post.
Open BabyRR and start a new post/thread
In a 2nd window/tab open your photo host and copy the IMG code for the 1st photo you want to post
Re-open the first window with BabyRR in it and paste the IMG code into the editing box
Re-open the 2nd tab/window and select the next photo you want to link, copy the code and then return to BabyRR and paste the link
Repeat for the number of photos you would like to post.
When finished Post the reply in BabyRR.
If you have an iPhone (not sure if there is an android app yet) then you can post photos direct to your albums from the camera if you have wifi or 3g access and then copy and paste the links from there into the forum directly (aren't these "smart"phones getting clever!)

Somethings to be aware of................
If you subsequently move the photo in the host website then the link to the photo on BabyRR will be lost and nobody will see the picture
You can post a link to a complete album instead of posting lots of links to pictures BUT remember to leave the album set to PUBLIC viewing otherwise nobody will be able to open the link!

Hope that helps.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 17-03-2012 09:55pm by XFullFatTim.)
17-03-2012 09:54pm
The Valeter

Many Thanks for that....

I have just put some on Photobucket but they have added options sinse last time I used it & it seems extreemly slow & fidly now.

What are the other free hosting sites that are recomended?

17-03-2012 10:01pm
Kimv

Flickr maybe?

Dynamic SD4 Auto 5dr, Tech Pack, Santorini Black, Verve Interior with Ebony headlining, Panoramic Roof, Privacy Glass, Solar Attenuating Glass, Style 7 Alloys, Adaptive Dynamics.
17-03-2012 10:18pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

There are quite a few hosting websites (just type "free photo web hosting" into a search engine and you will find lots) and even Yahoo and MSN will host but sometimes the file capacity is quite small. If you have a program like IrfanView (shareware) then you can resize your photos on your own PC and then post them using the "attachment" button in the full edit mode of the post

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 17-03-2012 10:48pm by XFullFatTim.)
17-03-2012 10:47pm