Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Adaptive Xenon Headlamps & High Beam Assist
griff

RE: Adaptive Xenon Headlamps & High Beam Assist

(08-06-2011 02:31pm)Alex Wrote:  My folks live in Steyning and the drive down from my place in Bristol is usually fine until you hit the M25, however that will change as soon as I get my Evoque, and the journey will be less exhausting due to being to asorbed by the new vehicle (let's hope the novelty doesn't wear off too quickly).
Ahh - you need to come off at Newbury and drive Basingstoke, Alton, Rogate A272 to Petworth and down through Storrington. Bet it would take less time Newbury - Petworth 1 hour another 1/2 hour to Steyning.

Arrived: SD4 Prestige Auto Coupe with Lux pack. Ipanema Sand with Black Panoramic Roof
Ambience Interior with Macassa wood.

Now a Jag XFR Kyanite Blue - wow what power.
At home and superb.
08-06-2011 04:21pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
cjfp

Take small detour at Alton (or take A34 to Winchester from Newbury) and you can pop into mine for a cuppa.

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
08-06-2011 04:23pm
griff

(08-06-2011 04:23pm)cjfp Wrote:  Take small detour at Alton (or take A34 to Winchester from Newbury) and you can pop into mine for a cuppa.
This is potentially turning into a club! I can see a few pub lunches with loads of Evoques outside in a car park coming up.

Arrived: SD4 Prestige Auto Coupe with Lux pack. Ipanema Sand with Black Panoramic Roof

At home and superb.
08-06-2011 04:26pm
Alex

Yep I have made my order - choose Dynamic (White) and did think about the LUX pack but in the end I have gone for: Powered Tailgate, Panoramic Roof, Contrast Roof, Audio upgrade, Surround cameras, Auto dimming mirror, Adaptive Headlights, Blind Spot Monitoring, Heated steering wheel, Privacy Glass, key less entry, plus (I know a long list) Headliner and Black Strata.

By choosing the LUX I would have got Park assist and TV but I doubt I would ever use those features (depending whos driving, and the long jams on the M25 I rather listen to music than use a TV, plus iPad is better for that sort of stuff).

Funny speaking of traffic jams, in one thread I asked about the LUX packs climate control feature and the air sensing recirculation (only included in LUX pack). That's a feature that would be nice when air con is running on those hot summer days. It's a shame that's not a seperate feature.

I did initially choose Style 7 wheels but went back to default, saw in one thread the chrome shadow wheels in day light and they looked on appearance that they needed a wash than being an effect.

Arrived 22nd December - SD4 Dynamic Auto, Fuji White, Panoramic/Contrast Roof, Dynamic Plus & Lux Pack
08-06-2011 04:26pm
Charlie
No Longer Registered

(08-06-2011 04:26pm)griff Wrote:  
(08-06-2011 04:23pm)cjfp Wrote:  Take small detour at Alton (or take A34 to Winchester from Newbury) and you can pop into mine for a cuppa.
This is potentially turning into a club! I can see a few pub lunches with loads of Evoques outside in a car park coming up.

I'll be there Wink
08-06-2011 04:31pm
griff

(08-06-2011 04:26pm)Alex Wrote:  Yep I have made my order - choose Dynamic (White) and did think about the LUX pack but in the end I have gone for: Powered Tailgate, Panoramic Roof, Contrast Roof, Audio upgrade, Surround cameras, Auto dimming mirror, Adaptive Headlights, Blind Spot Monitoring, Heated steering wheel, Privacy Glass, key less entry, plus (I know a long list) Headliner and Black Strata.

By choosing the LUX I would have got Park assist and TV but I doubt I would ever use those features (depending whos driving, and the long jams on the M25 I rather listen to music than use a TV, plus iPad is better for that sort of stuff).

Funny speaking of traffic jams, in one thread I asked about the LUX packs climate control feature and the air sensing recirculation (only included in LUX pack). That's a feature that would be nice when air con is running on those hot summer days. It's a shame that's not a seperate feature.

I did initially choose Style 7 wheels but went back to default, saw in one thread the chrome shadow wheels in day light and they looked on appearance that they needed a wash than being an effect.
That sound great Alex. All you need is the kitchen sink! I will look out for you when you make that long trip.

At home and superb.
08-06-2011 04:31pm
Charlie
No Longer Registered

My grandmother lived in West Chiltington and I spent my childhood hating that journey down (well before M25 days). Those final few windy roads made me green everytime. Crying
(This post was last modified: 08-06-2011 04:43pm by Charlie.)
08-06-2011 04:39pm
vinda

Was using in the new x3 tonight. Was ok. Slow to react sometimes. I wouldn't pay extra for it on the evoque
11-07-2011 01:50am
j7david

Adaptive xenons on my A3 cab are fantastic for illuminating the A-roads across Cheshire. I'll be paying the £1000ish to get them when I order an Evoque.
11-07-2011 06:20pm