Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Adaptive Dynamics: Better ride by software mod?
griff

RE: Adaptive Dynamics: Better ride by software mod?

The other factor I have found is that as mileage increases then the ride improves. I have completed very nearly 13,000 miles now an the car is much more comfortable than when brand new. I find AD superb when i want to hammer round corners and fast bends but return it to normal after the manoeuvre is complete.

Arrived: SD4 Prestige Auto Coupe with Lux pack. Ipanema Sand with Black Panoramic Roof
Ambience Interior with Macassa wood.

Now a Jag XFR Kyanite Blue - wow what power.
At home and superb.
17-07-2012 12:30pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
LonnyGer

I think your Problem is in fact, that you had one of the best suspension systems that were ever build for a car (Citroen), therefore everything else feels harder. I stayed for two weeks on the Queen Mary2, last year I went for another ship that I liked a lot before, it was terrible because I got used to the excellent service on QM2.

I think that sumps the hole thing up. AD is for all that I know similar configurated in UK and Germany.

For sure there will be a possibility to manipulate the software and to achieve other specs, but because AD is not a static system, but in fact a system that interacts with the feedback of the street, it will be quite difficult to reprogram it.

I would try to give AD a chance and wait for some more km, as often said before AD gets even more comfortable with longer usage.

I guess you have to stop comparing the evoque to the mother of all suspension systems, otherwise you won't get happy at all.

Ordered: 04.07.12
Build Date: 30.10.12
Day of collection: 28.11.12 ( the wait is almost overVery Happy)

Car Spec: 5d,OG,dynamic,Black Roof, fully loaded
05-08-2012 12:48pm
scrannel

Honestly think a little research on the MagneRide wouldn't hurt. Yes, it is always on and yes, technically, the "soft setting" (stock) is best because the purpose is essentially defeated by allowing driver over-ride. I had the same (Delphi designed) system on my C6 Corvette.

Corvette has had this system since 1993 (never mind what Wikipedia says) and the design is meant to be completely self adjusting. That is, when it senses road changes (sampling at a minimum of a 1000 times a second) it reacts to those changes to create the best running "stance" for the car. The problem was Corvette owners in the USA are... well, not exactly technically astute. They kept complaining that the MagneRide was "too soft". So, GM offered a "sport setting" (which got more aggressive over the years) much to GM engineers dismay. As this was defeating the suspension's purpose: passive control.

As an example: I have a very bad back, but could drive my C6 all day without any issues. However, if I set it in the "sport mode", I'd get home with an aching back. The flip side of this is there is a piece of read near me that when taken at speed is 100% certain to get you airborne. With my C6 in normal setting, it stayed glued to the road. But in "sport"... lift-off. In other words, as GM engineers predicted, it defeated the system. There is an online article (somewhere) showing the C5 Corvette doing this exact thing at Nürburgring.

MagneRide is the best performance suspension out there. IMHO the Citroen Hydropneumatics systems are the best "overall" suspension (thus their use in trucks) allowing load leveling etc. But compared with MagneRide, it is far too complicated and slow to react. Much like the French themselves? Of course MagneRide is simple and very quick to react... just like us Yanks.

(I have a Dynamic with MagneRide).

2013 Dynamic USA specs with MagneRide + Strata wood int. with Lunar perf. Ork Grey.
BMW K1200R. Black.
(This post was last modified: 26-01-2013 06:14pm by scrannel.)
26-01-2013 06:12pm