Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Adaptive Dynamics
Norzlein

Adaptive Dynamics

Hi guys,

My understanding of Adaptive Dynamics was to catch information from road for 1000 times per seconds and adjust the stiffness of the dumper (50 times per second) to it's best condition at any terrain settings. Obviously, if we select Dynamic mode, dumper will be stiffer, if we select Snow / Gravel mode, it will become softer. The point here is that Adaptive Dynamics sences and adjust dumper setting dynamically at any terrain settings.

However a guy from LR told me that Adaptive Dynamics only sences and adjust dumper dynamically only when the terrain settings is at Dynamic mode.

BTW, this LR man is from Japan and sometimes makes mistake on the dealer options. I'm not fully trusting him.

Anyone have any idea which is telling the truth?
26-06-2012 12:00am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Neo

Adaptive Dynamics

No, AD is on all the time. However in sports mode, the dampers will stiffen up for a more sportier and dynamic drive. I've test drive both and love the AD! The handling also improves so I didnt experience any body roll around corners. It's fantastic

SD4 Dynamic, Fuji white 5 door
Pano roof, Adaptive Dynamics, style 7 wheels, auto tailgate, reverse camera, rear vents

Ordered: April 2012 | Built: June 2012 | Delivered: 14 August 2012
26-06-2012 01:33am
Straydox

RE: Adaptive Dynamics

You chap is mistaken, AD works all the time.

Delivered 15th May 2012, rejected and returned 4th Feb 2013 - SD4 5 door Prestige manual with a bucket full of rattles Mauritius Blue. Crazy Audi MY2020 RSQ3
26-06-2012 01:34am
EvoqueNorCal

(26-06-2012 01:33am)Neo Wrote:  No, AD is on all the time. However in sports mode, the dampers will stiffen up for a more sportier and dynamic drive. I've test drive both and love the AD! The handling also improves so I didnt experience any body roll around corners. It's fantastic

Stop tempting me! Twisted Evil

I love driving my cars like race cars but I felt the luxurious interior with the Oxford leather only offered on the Prestige model was more important than getting the Dynamic model so I could get the AD feature. Planning to place my order very soon, as soon as I get the deal I want.

The car is still really good without AD, right? Sad
26-06-2012 04:41am
mark_n

Well, you've written on other posts about how you like a sporting style of driving and AD contributes to providing that. AD doesn't just have two settings, normal and sport, it's continuously variable with the modes being more of a profile than a setting. Contrast that with the fixed suspension which has just one fixed setting for all conditions and which necessarily is a compromise.

As for the "Oxford" leather, I do not miss it and find the material in the Dynamic fit for purpose and easy to look after. Quality may have improved but there have been pictures of sagging leather which will in any case stretch in use.

Ultimately though, the RRE is by no stretch of the imagination a sports car - there's not enough power and too much body roll for that - and the handling can get quite ragged if you push it. Better to keep within 7/10 and enjoy a car which is pretty well sorted for its size and style.

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
(This post was last modified: 26-06-2012 05:04am by mark_n.)
26-06-2012 04:58am
Norzlein

(26-06-2012 01:33am)Neo Wrote:  No, AD is on all the time. However in sports mode, the dampers will stiffen up for a more sportier and dynamic drive. I've test drive both and love the AD! The handling also improves so I didnt experience any body roll around corners. It's fantastic

Yeah, I thought so too.
I still thought that normal dumper controls roll quite well, but maybe I should try Evoqur with AD on!!Smile
(26-06-2012 01:34am)Straydox Wrote:  You chap is mistaken, AD works all the time.

Maybe I should go LR again and tell him about it. Is there any official documents describing how AD works in each terrain settings?
(This post was last modified: 26-06-2012 05:22am by Norzlein.)
26-06-2012 05:19am
EvoqueNorCal

(26-06-2012 04:58am)mark_n Wrote:  Well, you've written on other posts about how you like a sporting style of driving and AD contributes to providing that. AD doesn't just have two settings, normal and sport, it's continuously variable with the modes being more of a profile than a setting. Contrast that with the fixed suspension which has just one fixed setting for all conditions and which necessarily is a compromise.

As for the "Oxford" leather, I do not miss it and find the material in the Dynamic fit for purpose and easy to look after. Quality may have improved but there have been pictures of sagging leather which will in any case stretch in use.

Ultimately though, the RRE is by no stretch of the imagination a sports car - there's not enough power and too much body roll for that - and the handling can get quite ragged if you push it. Better to keep within 7/10 and enjoy a car which is pretty well sorted for its size and style.

Good points, but I might get an BMW M5 in the near future as my "sports car," alongside the Evoque. Haven't seen any of the quality issues you mentioned. Not worried about it though. As long as it arrives fine, it will stay that way as I baby my cars and rarely ever have passengers.

As long as it handles at least twice as good as my 2008 Jeep Liberty, I'll be happy. Smile
26-06-2012 05:41am
agusta22

2012 Dynamic
2010 GT3
Mini
[Image: flag.gif]
26-06-2012 02:12pm
Norzlein

(26-06-2012 02:12pm)agusta22 Wrote:  

SuperTongue Out
Thanks mateWink
26-06-2012 02:37pm
EvoqueNorCal

(26-06-2012 02:12pm)agusta22 Wrote:  

If LR offered Adaptive Dynamics with the Oxford leather interior here in the States, I'd be all over it. But Americans have to choose between AD or the luxurious interior sadly.
26-06-2012 03:22pm