Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
About to cancel order for Evoque
Firebird

About to cancel order for Evoque

Hi guys,

Unfortunately the more time I get to think about the size of the Evoque the more I have concerns that is is too small for what we need. When we go to the lake for a week or more we need to take 2-3 plastic tubs, an esky and of course the dog. I had a look at a Subaru Impreza yesterday and based on the measurements it is about the same size as the Evoque and unfortunately there is no way that we could put all this on the back seat safely.

We are off to Borneo for Easter so I will think about, but at this stage I will be cancelling the order.

One other concern is that I sent to LR Friday re deliver and they cannot telme if it will be here in September.

Cheers
18-04-2011 11:06pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mortz

RE: About to cancel order for Evoque

(18-04-2011 11:06pm)Firebird Wrote:  Hi guys,

Unfortunately the more time I get to think about the size of the Evoque the more I have concerns that is is too small for what we need. When we go to the lake for a week or more we need to take 2-3 plastic tubs, an esky and of course the dog. I had a look at a Subaru Impreza yesterday and based on the measurements it is about the same size as the Evoque and unfortunately there is no way that we could put all this on the back seat safely.

We are off to Borneo for Easter so I will think about, but at this stage I will be cancelling the order.

You need to go to the Evoque live events then Cool......opps did not realise you live on the other part of the world !

One other concern is that I sent to LR Friday re deliver and they cannot telme if it will be here in September.

Cheers
(This post was last modified: 18-04-2011 11:38pm by mortz.)
18-04-2011 11:08pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

No Evoque Live events have been announced for Melbourne, Australia - they will all be in South and Central England which doesn't do LR's PR dept much credit that they forget that there are a few heathens who don't live in the SE or the Midlands who might like to go to a launch event without having to fork out for an expensive hotel or pay the fuel cost to go to a party that is a 700 mile round trip away

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 18-04-2011 11:31pm by XFullFatTim.)
18-04-2011 11:28pm
paulus599

Totally agree, have sent them an e-mail stating as much, but no reply so far Sad

SD4 Prestige Coupe Auto, Fuji White, Pano roof, Park assist, Powered tailgate, Style 6 alloys, Element interior, Adaptive Dynamics. Build date: WAS 21/10/2011 Delivered 13/12/2011
Now: Evoque SD4 Coupe
Gone: TTS Roadster
Gone: Mini Cooper S
Gone: Mercedes SLK
18-04-2011 11:34pm
XFullFatTim

Same here Paul, and same result!

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
19-04-2011 09:18am
oop north

(18-04-2011 11:28pm)FullFatTim Wrote:  No Evoque Live events have been announced for Melbourne, Australia - they will all be in South and Central England which doesn't do LR's PR dept much credit that they forget that there are a few heathens who don't live in the SE or the Midlands who might like to go to a launch event without having to fork out for an expensive hotel or pay the fuel cost to go to a party that is a 700 mile round trip away

Erm, there are 3 in Manchester (5-7 June if I remember correctly)

Back to the original point though, I was slightly taken aback by the smallness on one of the Geneva videos someone put up a link to - I didn't expect to be able to look over the top, but it looks like that will be the case
19-04-2011 10:12am
vision*R

A regular guy can certainly look over the top.
It's lower, wider and shorter than a regular SUV, in between a station wagon and an SUV really.

Prestige TD4 5d / Fuji White / Tech pack / Parallel park / Pano / Order 26/01/2011 / Build 13/12/11 / Arrival 04/01/2012
19-04-2011 10:26am
XFullFatTim

Firebird have you thought about getting a small trailer? Over here we can buy them from halfords the big autoparts and accessory store.
They aren't beautiful bits of kit but they are very handy - you can get the same make as we have over there too http://www.euroindustries.com.au/

(This post was last modified: 19-04-2011 10:31am by XFullFatTim.)
19-04-2011 10:29am
Kermit

(18-04-2011 11:28pm)FullFatTim Wrote:  No Evoque Live events have been announced for Melbourne, Australia

The Melbourne motor show, first week in July, is the next up-coming opportunity the Australia public has to see the vehicle. I imagine this will be the same sort of display/access the Evoque has had at other motor shows to-date.
19-04-2011 11:52am
paulus599

(19-04-2011 10:12am)oop north Wrote:  Erm, there are 3 in Manchester (5-7 June if I remember correctly)

I think Tims point was that there are no events to cater for people who live in the 'true' North of England or Scotland. Manchester is a very long journey for him, even for me it's nearly a 300 mile round trip that will take in excess of 5 hours. They should have staged one in Endinburgh or Glasgow for us up here in the frozen north.

SD4 Prestige Coupe Auto, Fuji White, Pano roof, Park assist, Powered tailgate, Style 6 alloys, Element interior, Adaptive Dynamics. Build date: WAS 21/10/2011 Delivered 13/12/2011
Now: Evoque SD4 Coupe
Gone: TTS Roadster
Gone: Mini Cooper S
Gone: Mercedes SLK
19-04-2011 02:20pm