Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
About the delivery dates
pimbrokken

About the delivery dates

I have a slight feeling that the delivery dates are much later than now promised. My dealer said there were also delivery problems with:
- (of course paint, but THAT we knew)
- Panaromic Roof
- all 20" inch wheels
- Adaptive Dynamics (Magneride dampers)
- I ordered the first from my dealer and I still have no production date. (Netherlands) Embarrassed

This is no joke... I heard it straight from my dealer
(This post was last modified: 11-09-2011 07:46pm by cjfp.)
04-05-2011 10:52pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
paulus599

RE: ABOUT THE DELIVERY DATES

(04-05-2011 10:52pm)pimbrokken Wrote:  I have a slight feeling that the delivery dates are much later than now promised. My dealer said there were also delivery problems with:
- (of course paint, but THAT we knew)
- Panaromic Roof
- all 20" inch wheels
- Adaptive Dynamics (Magneride dampers)
- I ordered the first from my dealer and I still have no production date. (Netherlands) Embarrassed

This is no joke... I heard it straight from my dealer

Bugger! So to get a car before the start of the next decade I'll have to order a car painted with emulsion, a big hole in the roof where the glass should be, 4 doors instead of 2, 10" Rostyle wheels and bycycle pumps for suspension ..... can't wait! Confused

SD4 Prestige Coupe Auto, Fuji White, Pano roof, Park assist, Powered tailgate, Style 6 alloys, Element interior, Adaptive Dynamics. Build date: WAS 21/10/2011 Delivered 13/12/2011
Now: Evoque SD4 Coupe
Gone: TTS Roadster
Gone: Mini Cooper S
Gone: Mercedes SLK
04-05-2011 11:12pm
cjfp

I think you'll find that they've run out of 'big holes' too so you'll have to rethink that - cheese slices available instead.

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
(This post was last modified: 04-05-2011 11:19pm by cjfp.)
04-05-2011 11:19pm
bell-auto-services

I agree it does seem a joke, my dealer also has told me my 2 door is going to be held up because they are now not letting them complete the order Sad

Not good i dont think for a new model launch.

TV/DVD-On-The-Move modules available from £145+ £10 UK mainland shipping Excluding higlands and Islands.
(This post was last modified: 05-05-2011 10:38pm by bell-auto-services.)
05-05-2011 10:38pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Firebird

I will be cancelling my order in about a week as I have asked for clarification on delivery in Aussie and have not had a response. I was told by the dealer that it had been rumored that there is a 8-10 week delay and that we would not see cars in here till Nov-Dec.

Cheers
06-05-2011 01:27am
Kermit

(06-05-2011 01:27am)Firebird Wrote:  not see cars in here till Nov-Dec.

The Brisbane dealer told me November at the earliest.
06-05-2011 02:31am
mb8388

Oh dear - I hoped that what my dealer had told me wasn't true...
06-05-2011 03:58pm
GeordieBoy

Again, probably a dealer giving out a bad translation of a memo send around.

The cars once submitted to build can only have certain areas of the car changed once sumitted.

For example, our first batch we submitted could not have the trim model changed or the wheel type changed. Then on the 6/5/11 we couldn't edit other areas such as interior, adding some options, and then on the 27th the colour will not be able to be changed.

But again, I havent seen anything to say any issues?

The reason for this I would say is due to them not knowing what model is going to sell best. With sport etc they know they will build say 5000 cars in a month, of them 80% will be HSE so they will know to order X number of 20 inch alloys, and the rest will be SE spec, with a small number being upgraded to HSE spec. They can then inform the suppliers what they will need.

With the Evoque being a new model they won't know what will sell more so can't order an educated number. Once they have orders from dealers then they will be able to manage supply orders easier.

So a dealer may have missunderstood this and said there are issues with supply.

I can't confirm for world wide orders, but I am not aware of any delays to the start of UK deliverys in Sept
07-05-2011 10:17pm
griff

(07-05-2011 10:17pm)GeordieBoy Wrote:  Again, probably a dealer giving out a bad translation of a memo send around.

The cars once submitted to build can only have certain areas of the car changed once sumitted.

For example, our first batch we submitted could not have the trim model changed or the wheel type changed. Then on the 6/5/11 we couldn't edit other areas such as interior, adding some options, and then on the 27th the colour will not be able to be changed.

But again, I havent seen anything to say any issues?

The reason for this I would say is due to them not knowing what model is going to sell best. With sport etc they know they will build say 5000 cars in a month, of them 80% will be HSE so they will know to order X number of 20 inch alloys, and the rest will be SE spec, with a small number being upgraded to HSE spec. They can then inform the suppliers what they will need.

With the Evoque being a new model they won't know what will sell more so can't order an educated number. Once they have orders from dealers then they will be able to manage supply orders easier.

So a dealer may have missunderstood this and said there are issues with supply.

I can't confirm for world wide orders, but I am not aware of any delays to the start of UK deliverys in Sept
Makes loads of sense - Thanks

Arrived: SD4 Prestige Auto Coupe with Lux pack. Ipanema Sand with Black Panoramic Roof
Ambience Interior with Macassa wood.

Now a Jag XFR Kyanite Blue - wow what power.
At home and superb.
(This post was last modified: 08-05-2011 09:09am by griff.)
08-05-2011 09:09am
Blackseries

Originally our Evoque was going to replace our Golf Plus – as the practical “Dog car” however upon reflection and as the spec (and price) have escalated it has now been promoted to the “nice car with 4 seats”. So last week I went about ordering a replacement for the Golf Plus. Pretty much all VW’s are factory orders at the moment – however I must say I was a bit shocked when I got an email back from the dealer saying ETA would be October. If a run of the mill VW takes that long to come, a couple of extra weeks for the Evoque seems no hardship.

....... also (interesting spec fact) on a VW with front and rear parking sensors the upgrade cost to “parallel park assist” is £85. When I queried this they said that as the car already has the parking sensors and electrically assisted steering it was basically 2 extra sensors and a software upgrade, it makes the Evoques £460 option look a little overpriced.

SD4 Prestige Sport Auto 5 Door, Sumatra Black with Ambience interior, Magneride AD, 20" Style 6 Wheels, Panoramic Roof, Surround Cameras, Electric Tailgate, ADRVM.......& Heated Steering Wheel......Gorgeous
08-05-2011 02:52pm