Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
About ready to order....... But
Jonathon555

I have been into a dealer today & arranged a test drive.

I have been told that if I order today , I will have to wait till may 2012 for delivery but even that is not gauranteed. I am now beginning to have second thoughts.

The only other car on my list is the new 5 series.

Is the Evoque worth the wait ?

SD4 Arrived, Fuji , 20" style wheels, Privacy glass, Front fogs, Auto wiper and Auto Lights, Black leather

MY Nuburburing & Track Videos http://www.youtube.com/user/jonathon555?...sults_main
10-10-2011 06:22pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
simonc

RE: About ready to order....... But

Well only you can decide that for sure! Smile

You will probably have a better idea once you have had the test drive though, and also consider calling around other dealers as some of them may have earlier build slots available (each dealer is assigner a certain number of slots per month, so it may be that other dealers still have slots left for earlier months than the dealer you went to).

Dynamic Si4 5dr Orkney Grey, Black Pano, Vortex + Ebony, Keyless Entry, Spare Wheel
Collected 12th March 2012
10-10-2011 06:27pm
Evoqess

Goodness, that's a wait alright! In seven or more months I would imagine that some used Evoques will start appearing, offering you more bang for the buck. Or LR might have a release date for the 300Hp version. Why not shop around as I'm reading that various dealerships in the UK have Evoques for sale, which seems brilliant to me even if you have to make some minor concessions on spec. My concession in Canada is that I'll end up with gorgeous Fuji white but if I was the patient type I might have bravely gone green.

The Evoque is special, it's worth a moderate wait but 4-6 months or more would definitely have me looking at other ways to get a hold of one!

Diana Smile

Evoque fan who used to drive Shocked a Pure, Fuji, 19" style 4 alloys, heated everything, rear cam, power tailgate, pan roof, privacy glass etc
10-10-2011 06:37pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

within 4 months of launch a million area managers will be driving 5 series............................. I bet many folks will still be waiting to see their 2nd Evoque, they will still be so rare!

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 10-10-2011 09:29pm by XFullFatTim.)
10-10-2011 09:28pm
Ewok

(10-10-2011 06:22pm)Jonathon555 Wrote:  I have been into a dealer today & arranged a test drive.

I have been told that if I order today , I will have to wait till may 2012 for delivery but even that is not gauranteed. I am now beginning to have second thoughts.

Which variant are you after?
10-10-2011 09:31pm
andyuk

If you look about you can pick the odd one up for list price or £500 over so just spend half a day on the phone/Internet & I am pretty sure you would get one so no need to wait!

Dynamic SD4 Manual Red with Black contrast & Panaramic Roof, Vortex Interior, 20" Alloys, Privacy Glass, Black Headlining
10-10-2011 09:49pm
Jonathon555

(10-10-2011 09:28pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  within 4 months of launch a million area managers will be driving 5 series............................. I bet many folks will still be waiting to see their 2nd Evoque, they will still be so rare!

5251 5 series sold so far, see plenty of them
(10-10-2011 09:31pm)Ewok Wrote:  
(10-10-2011 06:22pm)Jonathon555 Wrote:  I have been into a dealer today & arranged a test drive.

Sd4 pure manual, gutted can't spec xenons

SD4 Arrived, Fuji , 20" style wheels, Privacy glass, Front fogs, Auto wiper and Auto Lights, Black leather

MY Nuburburing & Track Videos http://www.youtube.com/user/jonathon555?...sults_main
(This post was last modified: 10-10-2011 09:57pm by Jonathon555.)
10-10-2011 09:56pm
Ewok

[/quote]

[/quote]

Sd4 pure manual, gutted can't spec xenons
[/quote]

I have a sd4 pure on order due mid dec, that I'm about to pull out of. It's specced with xenons, but at moment it's auto. Have been told I have till month end to change spec- which may mean it's switchable to manual. And yes I've asked a couple of times if xenons will push it back , but in the system it's showing build date for dec, ready for ownership by Xmas.

If ur interested, happy to spk to garage (south east England) to see if it's changeable to manual, and if they'd let me pass on the spot.
10-10-2011 10:08pm
hybris

The new 5-series is a superb car. A 535xd! mmm... or the new 550xd that will come in spring... The 5-series straight 6 twin turbo diesel cannot be compared to the Ford engine in Evoque. Its not a bad engine but if you have driven the BMW you know what I mean. Yes more common car but one of the best.

The 5-series is a much large car. Its actually longer than the X5.

Remember the Evoque is more like a BMW X1 in size. Its a great ride but a very different car than the 5-series.

So not from a size perspective its very different cars. The Evoque is a SUV that can go off road. You would never do that with the 5-series. But I assumed you are more after brand, status and looks as you are comparing those two.

The call is yours. Both are good but very different cars. 5-series is more like the new Jaguar XF but better engines.

Order of Evoque Dynamic cancelled due to delays and no information on delivery date. Wish you all the best of luck and hope you will receive your cars soon. Its a lovely car! Many thanks for all great answers and feedback on this forum! Take care! Cheers! /Hybris
10-10-2011 10:34pm
SW6RR

The desirability of the 5 series is killed by it's popularity as a company car. Sorry, I wouldn't be caught dead buying one. Hoist by it's own petard!

Arrived (5/11/11): SD4 5-door "Presnamic" Lux Very Happy Auto, Fuji, Spirit/Tan, Style 8 20" Wheels, fully loaded (bar RSE, smoker's pack and Homelink)
10-10-2011 10:40pm