Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
ALA Scratch & Dent cover
LaserTam

ALA Scratch & Dent cover

Just wondering if anyone has any experience of the ALA scratch and dent cover - easy to claim, who does the work etc etc?
I am about to buy GAP insurance and this is an add-on that they offer. Not too bad, cost wise (£208 for 3 years) from what I can tell, but its expensive if the service and product is rubbish.
Thanks.

Born 28th June - Pure Tech 2.2 eD4 Manual in Santorini Black, Pano roof, Cirrus leather, style 6 wheels, rear camera, power mirrors, auto dim RVM
13-09-2013 06:30am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: ALA Scratch & Dent cover

I have been offered a new LR "approved" version of paintwork and interior treatment called All Life or something - I have to admit that having been a total sceptic about these paint treatments I have been very impressed with the GardX treatment done to my car before delivery - two years down the line, without regular topping up, and the system still sheds the dirt very easy.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
13-09-2013 09:32am
PhilSkill

I think LaserTam was asking about Minor Damage insurance, not Paint treatments...? Smile

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
17-09-2013 12:13pm
LaserTam

Yes I was Phil - thanks.
Got to sort the GAP insurance soon, just can't get any feedback on whether this extra cover is worthwhile. I am tempted, because small little stone chips etc really bug me. But if the quality of repair is rubbish, its not much of a deal.

Born 28th June - Pure Tech 2.2 eD4 Manual in Santorini Black, Pano roof, Cirrus leather, style 6 wheels, rear camera, power mirrors, auto dim RVM
17-09-2013 02:59pm
PhilSkill

Personally I'd put the £208 in the bank, and pay for any repairs should they happen, but then I can usually repair stone chips myself, it's the door dings that are the curse of modern life... I've only ever used these type of repair guys once and result was ok and the dent was removed, but he couldn't improve on my touch up!

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
17-09-2013 04:07pm
LaserTam

Not sure I would have the 'bottle' to do the repairs myself and so I am guessing the £208 (for 3 years dont forget!) wouldn't go very far if I brought in some appropriate franchise company in each time.

17-09-2013 05:58pm