Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
A strange act of vandalism
speary

RE: A strange act of vandalism

(16-12-2012 06:31pm)Sensorian Wrote:  I had left my car overnight in a multi-storey hotel Car park in Nottingham. The morning after I discovered that somebody had prised off the cover over the passenger door lock and it was nowhere to be seen. Tomorrow I'll have to call my dealership to see if I can order another in Barolo Black and am resigned to my car looking unsightly for a little while.

I was wondering whether someone had tried to break into my car or whether it was just some random act of vandalism. If you were going to try and break into the car then surely they would smash a window?

It's definitely been forced off not fallen off, you can tell by the plastic clip that is left which is damaged. (which could necessitate further expense).

Very strange, keen to hear peoples thoughts.

After reading the replies, I think maybe somebody elses had fallen off and they fancied yours as a free replacement. Shocked Not that I am implying that an Evoque owner would do such a thing Embarrassed

Pure Coupe SD4 Manual; Fuji White; 19" style 5 wheels; Addaptive Xenons; Auto Lights, Wipers and Rear Mirror; Folding mirrors with cool puddle lights. Magnoflow Exhaust finishers
18-12-2012 09:26am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Sensorian

(18-12-2012 09:26am)speary Wrote:  After reading the replies, I think maybe somebody elses had fallen off and they fancied yours as a free replacement. Shocked Not that I am implying that an Evoque owner would do such a thing Embarrassed

I'd be lying if I said I hadn't thought of that....Laughing

Dynamic Barolo Black, Black interior, Panoramic roof, plus pack, style 6 wheels, Meridian upgrade
18-12-2012 11:47am
evoquemayne

Sensorian, this is very bizarre.

The exact same thing happened to me, and in Nottingham...
27-12-2012 12:25pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Remember the Beastie Boys and VW boot and bonnet badges.............. Maybe there's a craze for Evoque lock covers!

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
28-12-2012 04:29am
tcchampion

Looks like this issue is not widespread but same happened to my new Evoque whilst parked in Leicester at night. Might be an East Midlands thing ! Didn't notice it missing until daylight the following morning. This is my third Evoque and its unlikely to have fallen off accidentally. Even using the correct skeleton key in exposed lock not only sounds the alarm but also sends alert to iphone and this did not happen when car was parked on street.
The cynic tells me a Evoque owner needed a replacement but maybe trophy hunter have returned as in the 1980's when we all seemed to lose badges and car insignia.
Replacement issue is with the dealership so I await their response. Thanks to the thread for part numbers if I need to take that route.

Loire Blue Convertible 2017, Totally, impractical and unique. Niche market - No need or use for child seats, dog guards, tow bars, roof racks and tip runs.....totally unique open top premium indulgenceVery HappyRolling with Laughter[/align]
12-12-2017 09:56am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

No, my driver’s door cover on my Sport disappeared in the Lancaster Premier Inn car park 10 days ago. Today I called at the local dealers to order a replacement - they keep plenty of primer coated in stock ready to paint in body colour it happens so frequently. I know mine was stolen as it was on the car when I locked it on arrival at the hotel....

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 13-12-2017 12:56am by XFullFatTim.)
13-12-2017 12:56am
tcchampion

(13-12-2017 12:56am)XFullFatTim Wrote:  No, my driver’s door cover on my Sport disappeared in the Lancaster Premier Inn car park 10 days ago. Today I called at the local dealers to order a replacement - they keep plenty of primer coated in stock ready to paint in body colour it happens so frequently. I know mine was stolen as it was on the car when I locked it on arrival at the hotel....
Another lock cover stolen from my car this time parked in West Bridgford Nottingham. Definitely stolen These covers do not fly off or drop off. They withstand jet washing and high speed driving. They need to be prised off if clipped onto the backplate correctly Looks like there is a trend of collecting these items. Very frustrating as replacements are only primed and need a paint job. Last one cost me best part of £40 At this rate it could prove to be an expensive game these thieves/morons are playing.

Loire Blue Convertible 2017, Totally, impractical and unique. Niche market - No need or use for child seats, dog guards, tow bars, roof racks and tip runs.....totally unique open top premium indulgenceVery HappyRolling with Laughter[/align]
03-02-2018 12:02am