Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
A strange act of vandalism
Sensorian

I had left my car overnight in a multi-storey hotel Car park in Nottingham. The morning after I discovered that somebody had prised off the cover over the passenger door lock and it was nowhere to be seen. Tomorrow I'll have to call my dealership to see if I can order another in Barolo Black and am resigned to my car looking unsightly for a little while.

I was wondering whether someone had tried to break into my car or whether it was just some random act of vandalism. If you were going to try and break into the car then surely they would smash a window?

It's definitely been forced off not fallen off, you can tell by the plastic clip that is left which is damaged. (which could necessitate further expense).

Very strange, keen to hear peoples thoughts.

Dynamic Barolo Black, Black interior, Panoramic roof, plus pack, style 6 wheels, Meridian upgrade
16-12-2012 06:31pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Evo-king

RE: A strange act of vandalism

These action sicken me.

Were there any cctv cameras in there?

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
16-12-2012 10:12pm
Sensorian

(16-12-2012 10:12pm)Evo-king Wrote:  These action sicken me.

Were there any cctv cameras in there?

No I checked and unfortunately there aren't.

It just seems a very weird thing to do. No dents, no scratched just a prised off lock cover. It occurred to me that if you were going to try to break in to the car without smashing a window, perhaps this would be the entry point......

See how much this costs me tomorrow morning......

Dynamic Barolo Black, Black interior, Panoramic roof, plus pack, style 6 wheels, Meridian upgrade
17-12-2012 01:27am
mark_n

A real pain, it's painting the part which is going to cost.

Part no for the left hand door is LR025407 in primer, £4.88 + VAT approx. There's also the gasket underneath LR034461, £1.68 + VAT approx. If what the cover attaches to is damaged, that seems to be rather more difficult to replace, LR025541, £10.81 + VAT approx.

The parts then are cheap, the labour to paint and fit (depending on what's actually required) expensive.

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
17-12-2012 02:24am
ceebee

It may be that they were trying to steal your car, but were disturbed?

Waiting for: - 2015 SD4 Dynamic, LUX pack, Auto, 5 door. Mauritius Blue. Santorini Roof........spare wheel.
17-12-2012 08:43am
MartinP

I've had a similar problem with my passenger lock cover although not related to vandalism. It started when the passenger opened the door and in doing so knocked the lock cover off. Not a problem as we just picked it up and clipped it back in place. However, this then started becoming more frequent and it was noted to get sorted on the first service. Unfortunately after a long journey I noticed that it had fallen off so my dealer arranged for a replacement to be obtained and after this was painted they popped it in the post to me. This sadly did not cure the problem so it was concluded that the gasket the cover clips onto was faulty - the lugs were not formed correctly - so a replacement part was obtained. Since this has been fitted everything has been fine.
A bit of a pain I agree but my dealer was very good in getting everything sorted out for me and all was done under warranty.

Retired! SD4 Manual, Prestige 5 door, Havana with Ambiance interior, plus lux pack and spare wheel.
Arrived! SD4 Auto, Autobiography 5 door, Kaikoura Stone with Tan interior, HUD/Solar glass, ACC, Lane Departure warning, Sign recognition plus spare wheel. Built 16 March. Collected 2 April.
[Image: 129200.png]
17-12-2012 01:48pm
PhilSkill

Agreed, more likely it was already damaged and it just fell off, and no foul play at work here... and should be a warranty item!

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
(This post was last modified: 17-12-2012 02:27pm by PhilSkill.)
17-12-2012 02:21pm
Tony

(17-12-2012 02:21pm)PhilSkill Wrote:  Agreed, more likely it was already damaged and it just fell off, and no foul play at work here... and should be a warranty item!

My lock cover flew off last week when I was hosing down the car, clipped back OK, just put it down to another badly designed piece of cheap plastic.

Tony

Evoque Dynamic SD4 Lux Auto Total Rubbish, worst car I have owned - GONE AT LAST!
17-12-2012 06:03pm
jitenc

the more i read these posts, the more i think there can't be anything that can go wrong.... do other cars have any issues with plastics in there cars???
And i also keep feeling that hopefully, i don't have any of these problems....well, now, i have been WARNED, and so are YOU!!!

Got mine : Dynamic Fuji White with Lux Pack and black contrast roof.
Optional extras : Privacy glass, Heated steering wheel and TPMS.
Me: Very HappyVery Happy
17-12-2012 06:51pm
Sensorian

(17-12-2012 02:24am)mark_n Wrote:  A real pain, it's painting the part which is going to cost.

Part no for the left hand door is LR025407 in primer, £4.88 + VAT approx. There's also the gasket underneath LR034461, £1.68 + VAT approx. If what the cover attaches to is damaged, that seems to be rather more difficult to replace, LR025541, £10.81 + VAT approx.

The parts then are cheap, the labour to paint and fit (depending on what's actually required) expensive.

That was pretty much spot on Mark. In all about £40 including painting and fitting.

Hopefully sorted by the end of the week. Considering how small a part it is, it looks really unsightly.

17-12-2012 10:22pm