Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
A couple of problems....
alibeau

A couple of problems....

Well it looks like I am going to have to get my Evoque back to the dealer....

From new the drivers door didn't always close properly first time, I put this down to having 'soft close' doors on my previous car (X5) and presumed I wasn't giving the door a good enough 'slam'. Today the hinge has developed a horrid loud creaking noise and the fixing doesn't look 100% stable....

I guess whilst it is in I will also mention the scraping noise (described by others on here too) when going over speed bumps. Strangely this had stopped for a couple of weeks but has now returned....

Is there anything else I should ask them to look at whilst it is in in terms of things like software updates etc? Or do these things just get looked at during a full service?

Thanks Smile

Ali.

Black Dynamic Si4 - gone but not forgotten.
21-05-2012 09:11pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
evoquemayne

RE: A couple of problems....

From what I've read on here, your best bet is to chase them to really find it and try to make the problem as clear as possible. Many people seem to have their cars coming back without their niggles fixed simply because the dealer either doesn't recognize them as a fault or simply cannot pinpoint what the problem.

I would probably ask them to do the updates this time as it probably wouldn't hurt to have them.
(This post was last modified: 21-05-2012 09:45pm by evoquemayne.)
21-05-2012 09:44pm
PhilSkill

Definitely worth being clear what you want done, easy for dealers to forget when they hand it over to the service dept, they should write down your requests for door, creaking speed bump issue and ask them to check the software. You should be prepared to demonstrate the creaking noise and even tell them you want to do so, preferably find a bit of road near the dealer where it happens before you go in, its not easy to replicate these things on demand and theres not much a dealer can do looking at it on a ramp unless its obvious.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
21-05-2012 11:10pm
J77

On topix there is something about a front suspension issue, they describe it as a clicking noise.

18MY Range Rover Velar R-Dynamic SE D240
21-05-2012 11:13pm
BFGEvoqueMan

(21-05-2012 09:11pm)alibeau Wrote:  From new the drivers door didn't always close properly first time, I put this down to having 'soft close' doors on my previous car (X5) and presumed I wasn't giving the door a good enough 'slam'. Today the hinge has developed a horrid loud creaking noise and the fixing doesn't look 100% stable....

IThanks Smile

Ali.

My drivers door did the same after two weeks, but it was clear all that was needed was to retighted the bolt that holds the door stay to the a pillar. Thought about taking it to the dealer but for 10 secs work did it myself. Checked the other doors at the same time and not been a problem since.

5 Dr SD4 Dynamic Plus (220PS!)
- Santorini Black with Indus Silver Roof
- Plus Pack (Agility Pimento/Ebony Oxford Leather)
- 20" Style 7 Alloy Wheels, Adaptive Bi-Xenon's with high beam assist, Aero Flip Spolier
- Keyless Entry, Privacy Glass, Auto dipping Interior Mirror, 825W stereo
22-05-2012 07:57am
CRC@LandRover

Hi Alibeau,

I'm sorry to hear of the concerns you're experiencing.

I'm happy to speak to the dealership while your Evoque is with them to see if there is any assistance we can provide if you like?

Let me know if you would like any assistance.

Kind Regards,
Nick

Please note although Land Rover will try to assist you with your issue, we are unable to provide any technical advice. This account is available between 0900 and 17:00 hours Monday – Friday. Outside of this time if you require assistance, please drop us a Private Message and we'll get back to you.
22-05-2012 09:37am
alibeau

(22-05-2012 09:37am)Nick@LandRover Wrote:  Hi Alibeau,

I'm sorry to hear of the concerns you're experiencing.

I'm happy to speak to the dealership while your Evoque is with them to see if there is any assistance we can provide if you like?

Let me know if you would like any assistance.

Kind Regards,
Nick

Many thanks for your message Nick.

I may be one of the few on this forum (!?) but I have every confidence (famous last words!) that the dealership I purchased from, being Conwy Landrover, will sort out these minor problems for me.

I have received an excellent service from them so far (as has my Husband who purchased a RRS at the same time) and so have every reason to be hopeful that they will sort out my new issues too. I have just spoken to them on the phone and I have booked the car in for next Tuesday, making use of their 'collection and delivery' service, so fingers crossed it will all be sorted soon.

Thanks again,

Ali.

(21-05-2012 11:13pm)J77 Wrote:  On topix there is something about a front suspension issue, they describe it as a clicking noise.

Hmm definitely not a clicking noise, more of a scraping noise. At first I thought it was possibly the mudflaps catching on something but then read on here of other people experiencing similar 'scraping' noises. Let's see what they find on Tuesday....

Ali Smile

(This post was last modified: 22-05-2012 11:34am by alibeau.)
22-05-2012 11:29am
xxxx5

(21-05-2012 09:11pm)alibeau Wrote:  Well it looks like I am going to have to get my Evoque back to the dealer....

From new the drivers door didn't always close properly first time, I put this down to having 'soft close' doors on my previous car (X5) and presumed I wasn't giving the door a good enough 'slam'. Today the hinge has developed a horrid loud creaking noise and the fixing doesn't look 100% stable....

I guess whilst it is in I will also mention the scraping noise (described by others on here too) when going over speed bumps. Strangely this had stopped for a couple of weeks but has now returned....

Is there anything else I should ask them to look at whilst it is in in terms of things like software updates etc? Or do these things just get looked at during a full service?

Thanks Smile

Ali.

Ali, I had a same issue with the door. In the end JLR sent two guys from the factory to my dealership to fix it, which meant realigning the doors. Job took two days in total. The factory are aware of this problem. Good luck.

Now Sold: 5dr Pure SD4 Man / Fuji White / Pano Roof / Tech Park / Style 6 Alloys / Privacy Glass / Xenons / Black H'lining / Power Fold Door Mirrors / Power Tailgate / Carpet Mats / Front Fogs.
22-05-2012 12:43pm
alibeau

(22-05-2012 12:43pm)xxxx5 Wrote:  Ali, I had a same issue with the door. In the end JLR sent two guys from the factory to my dealership to fix it, which meant realigning the doors. Job took two days in total. The factory are aware of this problem. Good luck.

Interesting! Strange thing is, the door didn't look out of line at all, I haven't checked if it does now, or I wonder if it just wouldn't be as obvious on a black car?

I'll have a look later.

Dealer said they would look at any software updates whilst it is in Thumbs Up

Ali.

22-05-2012 01:45pm
berlin2011

(22-05-2012 12:43pm)xxxx5 Wrote:  Ali, I had a same issue with the door. In the end JLR sent two guys from the factory to my dealership to fix it, which meant realigning the doors. Job took two days in total. The factory are aware of this problem. Good luck.

Was there any wind noise associated / reduction of wind noise post realignment?

Current: SD4 Dynamic Auto, 5 Door, Orkney Grey with Black Contrast Pano roof and 20" Shadow Chrome wheels. Pursuit interior. [countdown="Hand over"]15th June 2013 2:00pm[/countdown]

Gone: Si4 Prestige Auto Coupe, Orkney Grey with Panoramic Roof, Element interior, Shadow Chrome 20" wheels with most of the bits & pieces loaded. [countdown="Hand over"]29th November 2011 2:00pm[/countdown]
22-05-2012 02:05pm