Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
A bit of TLC needed - Recommendations please?
B_o_b_o

Hey folks,

I'm looking to give my 2yr old Evoque a bit of love.

- I noticed a couple of light scratches on the front nearside wing that I'd like a mobile magician to remove. Recommendations anyone? Was thinking of using ChipsAway as that is the one that springs to mind.

- I then intend of treating it to it's very first detail and would like some recommendations who to use (North West / West Yorkshire). I'd be after something along the lines of a reasonably priced enhancement detail. To include making the exterior look better and would like an interior clean as well.

- My interior is a sort of light colour (I think 'Cirrus') and want to spruce the interior plastic, particularly on the door cards. Can anyone recommend a suitable product for this?

Look forward to your replies - thanks.
02-04-2014 10:48pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: A bit of TLC needed - Recommendations please?

The scratches - try your local franchise for Chipsaway - they have a nationwide website that lists all the franchisees

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
02-04-2014 11:29pm
B_o_b_o

(02-04-2014 11:29pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  The scratches - try your local franchise for Chipsaway - they have a nationwide website that lists all the franchisees

Contacted my local ChipsAway bloke so will get a quote shortly.

Just need to find a reputable detailer as want to lift exterior and also give the interior a clean - was hoping somebody could recommend anyone who has done their Evoque?
05-04-2014 02:07pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Ask your Chipsaway man if he knows who is best - they often know who is best in your own area as they get asked that question too. Some Chipsaway franchisees can also do interior repairs if there is damage inside too. The other place is to look on the Detailing World website

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 05-04-2014 03:47pm by XFullFatTim.)
05-04-2014 03:46pm
B_o_b_o

(05-04-2014 03:46pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  Ask your Chipsaway man if he knows who is best - they often know who is best in your own area as they get asked that question too. Some Chipsaway franchisees can also do interior repairs if there is damage inside too. The other place is to look on the Detailing World website

There is no damage inside but want to treat it to a spruce if I'm going to the trouble of detailing the exterior. Want it looking top notch without spending too much. It's in good condition inside and out but want to make it look like new again.
05-04-2014 04:10pm
Red FR

There used to be a guy in Colne who was recommended to me and used Swissvax products, but can't seem to find him any more, their own company is at Knaresborough depending on where you are in W Yorkshire.

Gone but not forgotten Fuji White Coupe Pure Tech SD4 manual, Panoramic roof, privacy glass, fog lamps and spare wheel.
05-04-2014 05:33pm
Wak

When I collected my Firenze twelve months ago it was detailed inside and out by Adam of Finest detail who I think are based in York however he was more than happy to travel to GS Wakefield to carry out the work for me. Adam used Gtechniq products to carry out the work and I can't recommend the product or Adam highly enough as twelve months on the car looks like new after a wash.
06-04-2014 02:46am
Wife's car

+1 what Wak said as I picked mine up the week after him and it also was detailed by Adam, he is happy to travel anywhere and does an excellent job
06-04-2014 11:30am
B_o_b_o

(06-04-2014 02:46am)Wak Wrote:  When I collected my Firenze twelve months ago it was detailed inside and out by Adam of Finest detail who I think are based in York however he was more than happy to travel to GS Wakefield to carry out the work for me. Adam used Gtechniq products to carry out the work and I can't recommend the product or Adam highly enough as twelve months on the car looks like new after a wash.

(06-04-2014 11:30am)Wifes car Wrote:  +1 what Wak said as I picked mine up the week after him and it also was detailed by Adam, he is happy to travel anywhere and does an excellent job

I've heard of this Adam guy but puzzled why there doesn't seem be any 'Finest Detail' business premises as such. Does he just travel around? How do you agree on where he will be doing the work and how do you know where your vehicle is kept overnight, etc?
06-04-2014 07:13pm
MarkA_

Yes he is mobile. He will come to you, not the other way around, as far as I know. A lot of his work is done pre-collection at dealers premisis but I assume he could just as easily work from your driveway.

Now: MY14 Dynamic Mauritius Blue/Contrast Pano, IP, BP, PIP, Powered Tailgate, IncontrolR+S, etc.
History: '08 BMW 123d MSport Coupe, '01 Mini Cooper, '91 BMW 316i, '96 Mitsubishi FTO, '96 Mazda 323, '88 Holden Camira
(This post was last modified: 06-04-2014 08:07pm by MarkA_.)
06-04-2014 08:06pm