Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
A Plethera of Errors on Dash After Rear Camera & System Charger Failures
chrisjako

RE: A Plethera of Errors on Dash After Rear Camera & System Charger Failures

(01-02-2016 03:58pm)PhilSkill Wrote:  ok let us know how you get on. And how well you find it fitting the new Battery.

Well last night was a success, replaced the battery with a bosch lead based upgrade to the standard one (higher ampage) - the change was quite easy took me less than 10 minutes

Started ignition and no 3 minute error on infotainment! So far so good, Started the car and wehay! No errors Stuck the car in reverse and DAMMIT, all the errors returned

At this point in a rage of fury i ripped out the rear view camera from the boot trim and sure enough you were right, it had water all over the connector - how landrover can make sure a poor quality seal which actually makes the car dangerous to drive (indicators & handbrake do not function as a result of this) is beyond comprehension

Got an air compressor and blew out all the water from the connector, at first blast a cloud of water puffed out from inside the connector, a few more blasts to make sure it was all dry and I hooked it back up and put the tailgate panel back together.

This time the car started and ran perfect - all errors have disappeared my wife car been using the car to go to several places of work last night and she said its been running fine so instead of forking out £140 for a new camera and loom I'm going to take it back off her this Friday to properly seal the unit and the back of the connectors with silicone to see how that goes - to get to the rear camera it only took me 15 minutes to pop off the rear panel and bolts so is worth my time to do it again

I suppose the battery needed changing anyway due to the infotainment 3 minute warning and the fact it is 4 years old now anyway so not a total loss

"Happy Wife, Happy Life" - Feel like I can relax and breathe again now!

Just wanted say thanks to you all on this forum too - definitely found the solution to my issue by trawling through here and evoqueownersclub so thanks everyone for saving me from a £120 LR diagnostics charge Smile
(This post was last modified: 02-02-2016 11:00am by chrisjako.)
02-02-2016 10:19am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
PhilSkill

RE: A Plethera of Errors on Dash After Rear Camera & System Charger Failures

Great news!, Yes it's a poor design, silicon should do the job hopefully, and as you say Battery at 4 years you've not lost out much even if it was still ok.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
02-02-2016 12:30pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply