Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
A Little Rant
AndyFrance

A Little Rant

Not much happening on the forum the last couple of days, so I thought I’d have a little rant about my LR dealership.

This probably won’t read too well, I’m writing as it comes to mind. Well, here goes……..

I placed my first Evoque order mid March, and like many have changed the Spec a couple of times since. No problems there. The dealership is not near me, so the changes were by email. Print out updated contract, sign and return hard copy to dealer. Well, I decided to move up a model last week as I wanted Xenon, fog’s and other options. I contacted the dealer, arranged an appointment face to face as I don’t trust this bloke. Something about him I can’t put my finger on, and my original experience at the dealership was rushed and even interrupted by lunch, where I was asked to return in 45 mins. Then when I returned, shoved into a small side office while he tried to sell an expensive Jag to another buyer.
Another dealer is miles away, so I stomached that treatment, and as my wise 13 yo daughter said at the time ‘ we’re here now, so just wait and order it Dad, saves us coming back’.

Well, I did go back last Thursday, and I must say the customer service has not changed. All very polite, but this guy acts as though he’s on speed. He doesn’t walk, more of a jog. He can’t wait to get the meeting over and done with and the impression I get, is that my order being low on their profit scale, is not very important to them, of little interest.

Now to the upgrade. My original order for the MY16 Pure (now discontinued in the uk) included the option for a spare wheel @€150,00. When I upgraded last week to the SE, the price had jumped to €230,00 for the spare. I was told they’d received an email from LR telling them of the mistake. Now, I know that as I signed the original contract, the lower price should be honoured by the dealer, and I should have argued the toss. The dealer said I had to pay the increase and was presented with the new contract to sign. I should have refused, but easier said than done when you’re ordering your dream car. What annoyed me, as I signed, he said he’d put some extra diesel in the car for me. Well, if that isn’t an admission of guilt, I don’t know what is!

OK, I thought, move on Andy, it’s only 80 Euros. So, I then asked if they would fit the 20’s style 7 I have purchased privately, including swapping over the TPMS. He phoned the maintenance dept.
(approximately 25 metre’s from where he was sitting) A conversation, then a few scribbled notes. He said, 20 minutes a wheel to do the job, the total would be €200,00 including tax. Dead 200? Another bloody scam, I thought!

I felt as though I was being beaten up here, but I then asked for a breakdown of the €875,00 on the road cost. I know the Carte Gris (log book) would cost under 400 Euros, the plates are tuppence, so where does the other 500 come from? Well, I get a courtesy car for 3 hours and priority treatment at the service desk…….whooopydo!

I understand that dealers are technically independent of LR, but they are still linked, and that being so, I feel let down by LR as well as the dealership.

I honestly feel like going back and giving the salesman a bitch slap and telling him that it’s people like me that pay his f’ing wages at the end of each month…………..But I won’t.
22-04-2015 06:23am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Bill

RE: A Little Rant

(22-04-2015 06:23am)AndyFrance Wrote:  Not much happening on the forum the last couple of days, so I thought I’d have a little rant about my LR dealership.

This probably won’t read too well, I’m writing as it comes to mind. Well, here goes……..

I placed my first Evoque order mid March, and like many have changed the Spec a couple of times since. No problems there. The dealership is not near me, so the changes were by email. Print out updated contract, sign and return hard copy to dealer. Well, I decided to move up a model last week as I wanted Xenon, fog’s and other options. I contacted the dealer, arranged an appointment face to face as I don’t trust this bloke. Something about him I can’t put my finger on, and my original experience at the dealership was rushed and even interrupted by lunch, where I was asked to return in 45 mins. Then when I returned, shoved into a small side office while he tried to sell an expensive Jag to another buyer.
Another dealer is miles away, so I stomached that treatment, and as my wise 13 yo daughter said at the time ‘ we’re here now, so just wait and order it Dad, saves us coming back’.

Well, I did go back last Thursday, and I must say the customer service has not changed. All very polite, but this guy acts as though he’s on speed. He doesn’t walk, more of a jog. He can’t wait to get the meeting over and done with and the impression I get, is that my order being low on their profit scale, is not very important to them, of little interest.

Now to the upgrade. My original order for the MY16 Pure (now discontinued in the uk) included the option for a spare wheel @€150,00. When I upgraded last week to the SE, the price had jumped to €230,00 for the spare. I was told they’d received an email from LR telling them of the mistake. Now, I know that as I signed the original contract, the lower price should be honoured by the dealer, and I should have argued the toss. The dealer said I had to pay the increase and was presented with the new contract to sign. I should have refused, but easier said than done when you’re ordering your dream car. What annoyed me, as I signed, he said he’d put some extra diesel in the car for me. Well, if that isn’t an admission of guilt, I don’t know what is!

OK, I thought, move on Andy, it’s only 80 Euros. So, I then asked if they would fit the 20’s style 7 I have purchased privately, including swapping over the TPMS. He phoned the maintenance dept.
(approximately 25 metre’s from where he was sitting) A conversation, then a few scribbled notes. He said, 20 minutes a wheel to do the job, the total would be €200,00 including tax. Dead 200? Another bloody scam, I thought!

I felt as though I was being beaten up here, but I then asked for a breakdown of the €875,00 on the road cost. I know the Carte Gris (log book) would cost under 400 Euros, the plates are tuppence, so where does the other 500 come from? Well, I get a courtesy car for 3 hours and priority treatment at the service desk…….whooopydo!

I understand that dealers are technically independent of LR, but they are still linked, and that being so, I feel let down by LR as well as the dealership.

I honestly feel like going back and giving the salesman a bitch slap and telling him that it’s people like me that pay his f’ing wages at the end of each month…………..But I won’t.

Hi Andy,
I almost feel your pain. Fortunately living on the French/Swiss border I have a choice of a couple of French and a couple of Swiss dealers in the local area. when I first started down the route of buying an Evoque I visited one of each. The Swiss dealer was extremely helpful the French dealer promised to get in touch. Surprise, surprise 3 years later I've still heard nothing back from the French dealer (even though he said he knew exactly where I lived and had family in the same village). On the other hand the Swiss dealer was very helpful and patient as I changed my spec over and over again. I have now been driving my Swiss supplied Evoque for 2 months and have enjoyed every moment of it. Now I've got used to the car I'm now ready to buy some accessories. With the recent massive change in the exchange rate between the Swiss Franc and the Euro I again contacted my Swiss and a couple of local French dealers for prices. The Swiss dealer promptly replied with prices (plus an apology for how high they were compared to Euro/Sterling) and after 5/6 weeks still no reply from either French dealer. So, I shall be buying my accessories from a UK supplier (cheaper than Swiss even with postage) and the French dealers can pat themselves on the back for more lost custom.
Rant over, Evoque great car.

Now with Dynamic TD4, 5 door, Kaikora Stone, manual, tech & comfort packs
22-04-2015 07:51am
AndyFrance

RE: A Little Rant

Thanks for your support Bill.
I was in Geneva a couple of weeks ago............30CHF (29€) for a burger and chips in the 'budget' Hotel and 8€ for a small bottle of beer, so probably wise to buy your kit in the UK!
22-04-2015 08:01am