Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
62 plate autobox
lichlew

62 plate autobox

please someone help!!!! my autobox has never been the best and I thought it was just l.r. I was advised there was a software upgrade on it so I took it to land rover Birmingham, for three weeks it has been much better, i.e not snatching when pulling away at lights, but since upgrade it snatches sometimes going down into second, and tonight seems to be snatching pulling away at lights again,when I mentioned it to the garage I purchased it from he said it would be just a software problem,also I only get about 23 to the gallon! but that is mostly town driving. 2.2 dynamic 62 plate
24-01-2018 08:35pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Steve D

RE: 62 plate autobox

Shouldn't be snatching. Take it back to the garage you bought it from and get them to fix this software problem. How long have you had the car?

Santorini SD4A Dynamic Lux with shadow chromes, ebony leather and privacy glass. Very Happy
25-01-2018 09:51am
lichlew

(25-01-2018 09:51am)Steve D Wrote:  Shouldn't be snatching. Take it back to the garage you bought it from and get them to fix this software problem. How long have you had the car?

had the car about 8 months now,but mentioned it to the garage where I got the car after a couple of months, and he said take it to a main dealer and have software updated, was wandering if I should take it back to main dealer as it was free of charge,maybe it is the tec and not the software at fault!!
(This post was last modified: 25-01-2018 02:06pm by lichlew.)
25-01-2018 02:01pm
lichlew

(25-01-2018 02:01pm)lichlew Wrote:  
had the car about 8 months now,but mentioned it to the garage where I got the car after a couple of months, and he said take it to a main dealer and have software updated, was wandering if I should take it back to main dealer as it was free of charge,maybe it is the tec and not the software at fault!!

phoned main dealer and explained it has only happened since software update, and was advised it could be something else and it is 186+vat for the car to be checked!! funny thing is drove it round tonight in sports and it has been perfect???? I was warned to stay clear of l.r, if it does it again I will probably cut my losses and get a cayenne, shame us brits cannot build things as good as germans, I have had mercs, bmws and never had a problem !!
25-01-2018 10:40pm
lichlew

great news , my evoque is now driving like a dream,gearbox snatch gone,think the it must have gone into learn mode after update, happy man now!!!
05-02-2018 07:50pm
Steve D

I feel your relief! Very Happy

Santorini SD4A Dynamic Lux with shadow chromes, ebony leather and privacy glass. Very Happy
06-02-2018 08:44am