Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
6-spd lag
KaDargo

RE: 6-spd lag

(21-06-2016 02:34pm)benzina Wrote:  So even acceleration to say 100kph would have to be faster too.

KaDargo, are you saying that their is absolutely no lag when you floor it from standstill, and also slowing at junctions then flooring it too? So it just immediately responds? If you can describe these two scenarios as best you can, in comparison with how it used to be, that would be great.

P.S. Do i ask for this...s/w update Q585 (engine management system upgrade) when i go in to the dealer then? Whats s/w stand for?

I just remembered my password for topix and had a look. Firstly, for my car it says ''their a no outstanding Field Service'' for this vehicle.
Also had a look at the list of bulletins for the evoque, but could not find this update listed.
I then put Q585 in the search and it indeed came up "Q585 (engine management system upgrade)'', but without subscription i was not able to view more info. It was only just added on the 7th April.

I don't think I've ever 'floored' it from standstill !!
My problem was lag at roundabouts etc (that gut wrenching feeling of being half-way across, car bearing down on you and going nowhere - then suddenly lurching towards the centre island! - anyway, that's gone)
Generally all round seems to be improved.

SD4 Prestige, Mauritius, Element, Cirrus Headlining, Pana Roof, Park Assist, Heated Steering Wheel,Blind Spot monitor, 20" Alloys, Powered Tailgate
22-06-2016 12:18pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
hondafreak

Since my car received the Q585, it feels like night and day.
The engine is much more responsive. Before it was quite dangerous to enter a road with heavy traffic. If i floored the throttle it had 2sec lag until the car started to move. Now the car reacts instantanious.

Also before i did the update was the car alway trying to shift down gears (engine break) when i lifted the throttle when driving towards a stop. Now i can let it roll out and save fuel.

Never had one issue yet...very reliable car!

Fuji White, 5dr Prestige SD4 - Auto, Shadow Chrome 20" Style 7 Wheels, Winter Pack, Ambiance-Oxford
leather interior (ivory-espresso color),Rear Camera Parking Aid, Power Tailgate
(This post was last modified: 12-08-2016 12:18pm by hondafreak.)
12-08-2016 12:17pm
Sarcastrix

Had Q585 carried out yesterday at the 4 year service. It seems to have loosen things up a bit in a good way, car feels like it did when I first had it remapped.

Will have to check if it's overwritten my Bluefin ECU remap.

Ordered: 25th Jan 2012 - Completed: 8th March 2012

Dynamic Coupe SD4 Auto / Fuji / Pano Roof / Tech Park 2 / Style 6 Alloys / Privacy Glass / Adaptive Xenons / Black H'lining / Cold Climate Pack / Auto-dim Mirror / Aux Heater / Roof Rails / Mud-flaps
18-08-2016 07:38am
wheels

(18-08-2016 07:38am)Sarcastrix Wrote:  Had Q585 carried out yesterday at the 4 year service. It seems to have loosen things up a bit in a good way, car feels like it did when I first had it remapped.

Will have to check if it's overwritten my Bluefin ECU remap.
Where did you have it serviced?
18-08-2016 10:35am
Sarcastrix

Bilcenter i Norrköping.

Dynamic Coupe SD4 Auto / Fuji / Pano Roof / Tech Park 2 / Style 6 Alloys / Privacy Glass / Adaptive Xenons / Black H'lining / Cold Climate Pack / Auto-dim Mirror / Aux Heater / Roof Rails / Mud-flaps
18-08-2016 10:39am
benzina

Booked my Evoque in for service on Nov 15th....I have asked to install the software update Q585 (engine management system). I will report my findings here when it's done.
Interested in hearing anyone else here who have had this done, and can report there findings too? Sounds very promising.

2012 Dynamic SD4 Auto 5-Door / Indus / Black Roof / Vortex / AD / Style 7 Alloys / Panoramic Roof / Rear Vents / BSM / TPMS / Sat Nav
26-10-2016 07:50am
Pete

I have my 62 plate booked in for a service on the 3rd. I'll also ask for this, but I guess that software updates should be performed as a matter of course anyway?

Porsche Macan
26-10-2016 08:03am
Steve D

Yes, they should be as it's part of the service to carry out any software updates. I had mine serviced a few weeks ago now and they did the Q585 update and I have to say it is a vast and noticeable improvement. My dealer told me it was due anyway but it might just be worth mentioning that the update is needed so there is no misunderstanding although, as mentioned, updates are an item on the service sheet.

Santorini SD4A Dynamic Lux with shadow chromes, ebony leather and privacy glass. Very Happy
26-10-2016 09:03am
Pete

Thanks Steve. I have to admit that I'm kind of used to the way the gearbox works now, it'll be interesting to see what change this makes.

Porsche Macan
26-10-2016 09:06am
Sarcastrix

(26-10-2016 07:50am)benzina Wrote:  Interested in hearing anyone else here who have had this done, and can report there findings too? Sounds very promising.

Further to my earlier thoughts above, I've noticed after the fix that the Fuel Range has increased from a 600km to 660km after filling up, although not sure if the mpg (L/100km) has actually increased.

26-10-2016 10:56am