Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
6-spd lag
benzina

RE: 6-spd lag

Question for those with the new Q585 update..... With the auto in drive mode, does your Evoque change down gears as you slow and lift off the gas to roll to a corner?
Mine has noticably been doing this since my Powertrain and transmission module updates, where as before it seemed less so.
Its as though the shift points have been altered,even changing up gears on casual acceleration, its going higher sooner i think. So whether changing up or down gears, it seems more active overall in drive mode.
Just trying to compare and see wether what they installed for me was in fact Q585.
My fuel economy has marginally improved about 3%, like others have reported.

2012 Dynamic SD4 Auto 5-Door / Indus / Black Roof / Vortex / AD / Style 7 Alloys / Panoramic Roof / Rear Vents / BSM / TPMS / Sat Nav
(This post was last modified: 23-01-2017 02:28pm by benzina.)
23-01-2017 02:27pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
benzina

I've noticed since these latest factory Powertrain & transmission control updates performed on my automatic Evo, when the gear changes from 3rd to 4th on a gentle throttle, it revs up ever so slightly (about 200 rpm) then slowly goes down until reaching the changed gear ratio rpm.
Is this normal? I can't remember it doing this before the updates....where the gear change would immediately mark a distinct engine note drop and the tacho would do the same.
I would like to hear from other 6 speeders about there experiences in this regard.

2012 Dynamic SD4 Auto 5-Door / Indus / Black Roof / Vortex / AD / Style 7 Alloys / Panoramic Roof / Rear Vents / BSM / TPMS / Sat Nav
(This post was last modified: 16-02-2017 12:46pm by benzina.)
16-02-2017 03:54am
benzina

Took the car in to the dealer today, and had the head technician come for a drive to see the suspected gear change fault after having a transmission control module update performed on my car several weeks ago.
He admitted there was something wrong, and booked it in next week for a "transmission adaptation reset" as he called it.
Said it should fix the issue. Will update after this is done.

17-02-2017 05:03am
benzina

Update... Nope, the "Transmission Adaptation Update'' made no difference. Said they would send this report to the factory on Monday for any information regarding a fix.
It must be something to do with the software and the new updates they performed on it several weeks ago.
It's strange, because when i try to emulate the slight rev rise on the gear changes by using the paddle shifters, it changes perfectly....just the immediate normal drop in revs as the gear ratio changes.
So only in D- MODE Auto does this 200rpm rev rise then drop, and its gears 2-3rd and 3-4th.
Wish they could just revert back to the original settings, but they said once the new updates have been installed, this can't be done.

24-02-2017 05:04am
benzina

Update... Got the car back from LD dealer after they corresponded with the factory and performed adaptation procedure recommended, along with the latest technical bulletin s/w update for anyone with transmission shift concerns for the 6 speeder.
Performs very smooth gear changes all over, and i was told this is what this update is meant to do, and that while the low speed acceleration (keeping changes to around 2000rpm) still has that slight initial rpm rev up on shifts between 2-3rd & 3-4th, it does not do it when pressing harder. They said the low speed acceleration thing is normal behaviour for smoothness, and that is intended. Also said the 9 speeders do this too.
I'm happy nothing is wrong, and its all good. Must say, been very happy with the Aisin Auto and how it performs overall.

(This post was last modified: 04-03-2017 05:43am by benzina.)
04-03-2017 04:13am
benzina

So i couldn't get the Q585 update and decided to fork out and have a professional ECU remap performed on my Evoque.
Wow! Its definitely better in every way. The smoothest of gear shifts up and down, plus a fair bit more power and torque across the board. Still assessing economy advantages claimed, but its looking better already when driving normal.
Some initial lag still there from rolling start, but its better.....surely this would have to be better then the Q585 wouldn't it?

(This post was last modified: 20-03-2017 04:16am by benzina.)
19-03-2017 05:59am