Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
6 Month Review
ED209

RE: 6 Month Review

Maybe Im more used to inferior cars but to be honest i think even my pure has a luxury feel and is nice and quiet inside.

I also cannot understand why people buy a car then moan about boot space. Surely checking the size is fit for your needs is essential when buying a car? After all the evoque is only the same length as a ford focus so it was never going to be huge inside.

td4 Pure manual in orkney grey, auto wipers/lights, front fogs, spare wheel. carmats4u mats, travall dog guard. Collected 30/03/12.
02-04-2012 02:01am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
TiTan

Deducting two points from the interior for no fold down armrests, and giving it a 5 out of 10 overall? There is "personal opinion" and then there is "having a laugh" Shocked

As for the gear selector, I am happy to admit that it is one of my favourite aspects of the interior and it would be a crying shame if there was an ugly shift stick sticking there instead.
02-04-2012 03:05am
chiggy

Evoque Round 2: Fuji Si4 Dynamic - 5dr. Pursuit interior. Dynamic Tech Pack. Adaptive Xenons. 19in Standard Alloy wheels. Twisted Evil
Contrast black roof (to be painted soon). (Previously a Firenze Pure owner - still my favourite colour Wink)
02-04-2012 04:05am
Evoqess

Thread rating :9/10!
This is a damn good read so I won't say too much here and let you get back to the owner opinions - just one thing, evaluate your needs carefully. Mine is the perfect car for a couple and their dog/s with an active lifestyle. I keep my folding bike in the back pretty much all the time Smile

Evoque fan who used to drive Shocked a Pure, Fuji, 19" style 4 alloys, heated everything, rear cam, power tailgate, pan roof, privacy glass etc
02-04-2012 05:35am
ant

OK - good thread and here's my 2p worth. I've had my Evoque for just over 6 months now so time to evaluate and temper the expectations I had while waiting.

Looks
9/10 - It is a stunning vehicle, especially the 3 door. I went for the 5 door for practical reason (84 yo Mum & 82 yo Mum-in-Law who travel in back). It gets a lot of admiring looks wherever I go. This will eventually wear off as they become more common on the streets. It doesn't get 10/10 as that is reserved for the DB9.

Speed
9/10 - It's adequate and everything I need these days. It will accelerate and cruise as fast as I need it to. I've had faster cars (along with points on my licence and speeding fines). It loses a point as I'd like the gear changes to be a bit quicker (without having to use flappy paddles). At the 1st service I'm going to request a gerbox ECU reset, as I've heard that may improve the response. 300bhp will be the one to have if you feel the need for speed!!

Economy
8/10 - As with others, I'm not getting the economy I expected or LR advertised. I don't drive particularly agressively, so I'd expect from this engine to get 35+ mpg. I'm currently getting about 30. But after FFRRs doing low teens and a DB9 that could get into single figures (but what a noise!!!!), 30mpg is welcome.

Ride
10/10 - It's very smooth, comfortable and a great place to be for short or long journeys. The same journeys in the Aston were more exciting but a little less comfortable.

Interior
9/10 - When my kids were growing up and I had 2 dogs, I had FFRRs for 25 years (with roof box and trailer sometimes). Now they've grown, left home and the dogs are no more, I don't need as much room. The boot is adequate for me and the interior room is ok, but not cavernous. If you've got kids/dogs/luggage to carry, perhaps a better choice would be a Disco.
I went for the prestige to get the soft leather and I do not regret it. I dislike grained leather and perforated leather. I loved the Dynamic seats but I'm pretty happy with the comfort of the ones I've got in the Prestige. One point deducted 'cos I would have loved the Dynamic exterior with the seats and with the Ambience interior, which couldn't be ordered.
Pan roof is excellent.

Gadgets
10/10 - TV, Dual screen, Sat Nav, I-Pod, DAB radio, voice command, hard drive, phone connectivity, etc are all great. I've got no complaints and need no improvements.

Practicality
9/10 - At present it's everything I need in my personal vehicle. In common with others on here, this is one of a fleet of family vehicles, so we have other cars for other purposes. The Evoque cannot do everything for us. We have a Defender 110 (12 seats, massive carrying capacity and offroad ability), two C4 Grand Picassos (7 seats & huge boot), a Triumph Stag (for roof down, summer, wind in hair, 'tax exempt' fun), as well as a few others. Getting one vehicle to do everything you want or need is pretty much impossible, so very often, car choice is a compromise. If I had to choose one of my cars to keep, it would be the Evoque.

Premium Feel
9/10 - Leather is excellent, plastics and metals inside are good. It's not quite on par with FFRR, but it's 1/2 the price. It's superior to the C4, but it's twice the price. It is what it is.

Overall
9/10 - A couple of things could have made it 9.5/10, but it would need to go a long way to get 10/10 for all the above categories. I'm still enjoying mine and would buy another.

Long live the debate.
ANTLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughing
PS Firenze is best!!!!!

Prestige, 5 dr, SD4 Auto, Firenze, Lux, Ambience, Adaptive Dynamics, (+other options).
Current cars: Evoque: 1972 Stag: 2008 C4 Grand Picasso x 2: 2004 Defender 110: LDV flatbed (for moving the Stag)
Gone: Aston Martin DB9Crying, RRS, FFRR x 5, Classic Minis x loads, 1987 Defender 110.
(This post was last modified: 02-04-2012 07:05am by ant.)
02-04-2012 07:01am
Token

Evoque Coupe 2.2 SD4 Dynamic LUX 190HP (in some kind of grey!)

[Image: event.png]
(This post was last modified: 02-04-2012 07:51am by Token.)
02-04-2012 07:29am
Coolbanana

(02-04-2012 01:16am)gmaker Wrote:  I can't believe no ones making more comments about the gearbox?

Yep, it is slow to react in normal use - I put the car into Sport mode to eliminate the sluggish take-off / overtaking. That and paddles transform it and the car does move along instantly and briskly.

If I'm in heavy traffic I don't bother but the RRE would benefit from a more efficient gearbox - a 7 speed PDK-type system like the Porsche's have would be great.

Car:Range Rover Sport 3.0SDV6 HSE - Orkney Grey, Almond interior and with lots of options
Bike:Ducati Monster 1100 EVO
02-04-2012 08:27am
THEMACS

(02-04-2012 12:03am)AEC Wrote:  I also don't have the issue with the speed of reverse camera engagement. Could it be that this has been fixed in a relatively recent software update?

My Reverse Camera is very quick to react too!!Very Happy

Orkney Grey 5 Door Prestige, Manual SD4, Vibe Interior, Panoramic Roof and Privacy Glass. Order Placed 2/7/11 Picked Up 17/3/12, Gone 10/5/14
02-04-2012 08:39am
Big G

(02-04-2012 08:39am)THEMACS Wrote:  My Reverse Camera is very quick to react too!!Very Happy

+1

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Collected !! 18/02/2012
Prestige Coupe SD4 Sumatra Black, Spirit interior, Pano roof , Heated seats, Privacy, Rear vents, Rear camera,Manual & style 5 19s. Not Prestige mats, 54 miles in tank when collected.
02-04-2012 08:51am
Dimitrios

+2

Dynamic SD4, Santorini, Chrome Shadow, Lux Pack, Priv Glass, Red /Black leather & headlining
Collection: 24 Mar 2012 / Ordered: Oct 2011
02-04-2012 10:19am