Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
5 Door Viewing
Blackseries

5 Door Viewing

Hello all,

Just a bit of background. I put down my deposit down on a 5 Door Evoque in October 2010 after being picked for a private Whatcar? viewing of the 5 door Evoque at LR R&D centre at Gaydon – I was told we (6 of us) were the first people outside Land Rover to see the car.

I thought the car was really great – we weren’t allowed to take photos but all the project leaders for the Evoque were there so we could ask questions. The first thing to say was that nearly every question was answered with “it’s not confirmed yet – but this is our understanding at the moment”

So with that caveat, here is the info that I’ve not seen mentioned anywhere else.
Evoque Pure – the entry level car – will come with PART leather seats – both Prestige and Dynamic have full leather as standard.
Even though the Pure will come with the Touch Screen as standard it won’t come with Sat Nav – the other 2 trim levels will. The options will be pulled together into packs such as Business Pack for Pure = Sat NAV + Bluetooth & DAB . There will be other packs for Entertainment, Safety, Winter etc. CAP (I think that’s what they are called) the used car valuers have been consulted and the residuals of a Pure + Business Pack (for example) will be considerably higher than a base Pure. Same goes for the other packs with the other trim levels. The Glass roof probably won’t be in a pack – so will have to be purchased separately.
BTW the Evoque is going to replace a Golf GT in our household – the boot size is about the same as the Evoque – so is the rear seat accommodation however I seem to remember that my feet didn’t fit completely under the front seats – I’m not sure why that was. The car I sat in was a Dynamic (Black leather) with no glass roof – it certainly felt very cosy – I’m probably going for a light interior with a glass roof.

I’m happy to answer any questions I can. I have a photo of the boot, from the Paris show and a view out the back (Coupe /3 door) again from the Paris show if anyone is interested.

SD4 Prestige Sport Auto 5 Door, Sumatra Black with Ambience interior, Magneride AD, 20" Style 6 Wheels, Panoramic Roof, Surround Cameras, Electric Tailgate, ADRVM.......& Heated Steering Wheel......Gorgeous
(This post was last modified: 30-12-2010 02:03pm by Blackseries.)
30-12-2010 02:02pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Royle

RE: 5 Door Viewing

Hi Blackseries, good to know how big it is when comparing it to other cars on the road. Have you decided what exterior colour you're going for yet?
(This post was last modified: 18-01-2012 07:39pm by Royle.)
31-12-2010 12:07am
DoctorX

Hi Blackseries!

Did you discuss the cars off-road characteristics? What was your impression regarding ground clearance, angles, under-body construction?
31-12-2010 03:54am
Blackseries

(31-12-2010 03:54am)DoctorX Wrote:  Did you discuss the cars off-road characteristics? What was your impression regarding ground clearance, angles, under-body construction?

Hello Cameron & DoctorX

Re Colours - my current thinking is a Santorini Black or a Stornoway Grey 5 door Dynamic - although a may be tempted by Barolo Black - but I've yet to see that colour in the flesh- its the Anniversary RR Autobiography Colour - so I assume it must look a bit special.

Regarding off-road characteristics they recon it will be better than the FL2 as there are less overhangs and the underside is cleaner. They talked about a "factory collection" option where you would go to the Eastnor Experience Centre in the morning and be driven around (and drive around) the jungle circuit in an Evoque as close to your spec as possible and then when you arrive back at the car park for lunch your gleaming new car would be waiting for you. The idea being to show you the real capabilities of the car - so you go away even more impressed. I think I would quite like that option and I think it goes to show that LR have no concerns about the Evoque’s off road ability.

SD4 Prestige Sport Auto 5 Door, Sumatra Black with Ambience interior, Magneride AD, 20" Style 6 Wheels, Panoramic Roof, Surround Cameras, Electric Tailgate, ADRVM.......& Heated Steering Wheel......Gorgeous
31-12-2010 06:53pm
Royle

Barolo is nice, got a red fleck to it. Whatever you choose I'm sure it will look good.
(This post was last modified: 18-01-2012 07:33pm by Royle.)
31-12-2010 09:06pm