Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
4th Service
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: 4th Service

Time for a newer car then Phil?

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
06-11-2015 10:02am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
PhilSkill

He he, But I like the fact I can select Dynamic and Eco goes off with it! Smile Mine doesnt Rattle (anymore) either and it still looks better than it did out of the showroom Very Happy
And Mine Says RANGE ROVER on start up and doesn't have all the silly colours on the newer TFT, green arrows look naff compared to my White in the Nav commands, then mine doesn't have a bogey on the front grill, not sure whose designing these things at LR now but they are definitely compromising the Evoque's style for the new functions and management decisions.

Not to mention what happened when you changed your first build for a later build!

(They best not forget what car saved their bacon and why...)

Funnily enough the Eco worked for the first time in ages after the service, only to have a re-occurence of the Eco not restarting and needing a 2nd declutch. Only 3rd time it's ever happened and worked fine the next time... soon switched it off though!

I have a shiny new Merc (In the blue of my choice)... to keep those Money spending desires at bay for now! The Evoques my Winter car!

Not to mention the fact I actually paid for a Maps Update to the Sat Nav Shocked as I keep driving up a road that doesn't exist on my old maps.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
(This post was last modified: 06-11-2015 11:24am by PhilSkill.)
06-11-2015 10:56am
BeansEV

With the costs so high why don't any of you do the service yourself . I am looking at these prices and in aww at a oil change and air filter change for the most part of it . What else does the service consist of ? I priced a do it my self at :

Oil recommended by RR : $30 U.S.
Filter : $15 U.S.
Airfilter $24 U.S. ( but I have changed to a K&N so -$24 for me )

Visually check rest of car and check air in tires free.....

Thoughts ?
10-11-2015 12:16am
PhilSkill

Did seriously consider doing myself, also needs pollen filter and fuel filter.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
10-11-2015 12:43am
Steve D

Of the three new cars I have owned (two Ford, 1 VW) I have always serviced them myself in line with the recommended procedure. We get three years warranty with a new car and there is no requirement to have it serviced by the main dealer. If there were to be a problem with say, an engine blowing up, it would be down to the manufacturer to prove that the parts/procedures you used were not up to standard. On the other hand, with the prices that RR cars command, potential owners could be put off buying if the cars had been owner serviced. My three year old Dynamic was serviced prior to sale as a condition of sale and I took up the two years free servicing deal but if I hadn't, I'd have serviced that myself for just the cost of the parts. Mind you, I am in the motor trade and I have the facilities to do so at my disposal.

Santorini SD4A Dynamic Lux with shadow chromes, ebony leather and privacy glass. Very Happy
10-11-2015 05:50am
RacingSnake

Just resurrecting this thread to see what other people have come up with on their 4th service.
I've had 3 quotes so far, waiting on the 4th...
2 x £449.71 and 1 x £441.26.
"Ah, but this is a bigger service, we change the oil drain plug gasket"..... well, it had better be a f*cking gold drain plug gasket for that price! Laughing

Ordered: Fuji Dynamic Lux Coupe / style 7 wheels / Privacy glass / adaptive xenons / something else which I've forgotton.
Should be end of April (was March, then April, then end of May/June).
Collected, Friday 13th Shocked April 2012
(This post was last modified: 27-04-2016 01:33pm by RacingSnake.)
27-04-2016 01:33pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Steve D

I took up the two years free servicing offer by financing the car with the minimum loan amount £10k. Catch was you couldn't pay it off IN FULL before six months or you lost the deal. I now know, after reading the terms carefully, that I could have paid £9.9k off the very next day and paid £100 over six months and saved the interest but hey-Ho, live and learn. I paid it off after six months and ended up paying £348 in interest. I suppose that's not too terrible - would have probably cost me £150+ anyway over two years for service parts - oil, air, fuel and pollen filters plus oil (trade) so I suppose it's not too bad and will help when I eventually sell it. Looking at other posts, I couldn't have got one service for that!

Santorini SD4A Dynamic Lux with shadow chromes, ebony leather and privacy glass. Very Happy
(This post was last modified: 27-04-2016 09:30pm by Steve D.)
27-04-2016 09:28pm