Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
4 month delay!!!
D34no

4 month delay!!!

Ordered my SD4 Dynamic in June 2011, putting down a £500 deposit. I was informed at the time to expect delivery in October. Great, I thought. In time for winter. I got a call out of the blue about 2 weeks ago, expecting the dreaded 5 week delay. "Sir, your car has been delayed by approximately 6 weeks, the build date is 26th November".

Ok, I thought, not the end of the world, no point giving him a hard to time, so I thanked him and looked forward to receiving my shiny new car next month.

Had a call today, which took the poor fumbling dealer a good ten minutes to get to the point, but the car I ordered in June is due for delivery in February 2012!!!!!!!!! "Well at least you get a MY12 registration", he reassured me.

Needless to say I am not best pleased. I am spending 42k on a car fgs!

Now I thought that once a build date had been allocated, that was that, there was no way it could change. Now has the dealer lied to me about he build date, or has he cocked up with somebodies order and given them mine?
26-10-2011 08:29pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
xxxx5

RE: 4 month delay!!!

Sorry to hear your problems, but join the ever growing queue!

Now Sold: 5dr Pure SD4 Man / Fuji White / Pano Roof / Tech Park / Style 6 Alloys / Privacy Glass / Xenons / Black H'lining / Power Fold Door Mirrors / Power Tailgate / Carpet Mats / Front Fogs.
26-10-2011 08:45pm
SW6RR

D34no - sorry to hear that. You won't need to go far on this forum to find threads about delays - you're not the only one, put it that way!

Arrived (5/11/11): SD4 5-door "Presnamic" Lux Very Happy Auto, Fuji, Spirit/Tan, Style 8 20" Wheels, fully loaded (bar RSE, smoker's pack and Homelink)
26-10-2011 09:24pm
andyuk

Same as mine!

Deposit paid in June with December delivery but now bloody Feb 2012!

Dynamic SD4 Manual Red with Black contrast & Panaramic Roof, Vortex Interior, 20" Alloys, Privacy Glass, Black Headlining
27-10-2011 02:09am
vinda

Feb cars will not be a 12 plate
27-10-2011 02:31am
mark_n

If it's registered on 1 March, it will be.

Who would have ever thought that the heady mix of Xenon shortages and Land Rover incompetence could lead to such a shambles?

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
27-10-2011 05:14am