Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
3 weeks: loves, hates and don't understands.
Clip

3 weeks: loves, hates and don't understands.

After a few weeks of ownership just thought I'd share my thoughts as this is only the second LR I've ever owned.

LOVE:
1. Hands down the most comfortable car I've owned. Beats all the Germans I've owned or driven in for sure.
2. The drive - handling, ride, low road noise- all exceptional. Performance good, not great, but ok. Out handles most sedans, and even keeps the hot hatches honest.
3. Interior - who ever designed this deserves all the awards they get. Future cars will be more like this- wide, spacious, amazing forward views, great ergonomics.
4. Meridian audio, even with the sub issue, it's a very good system for an OEM unit. Clean, crisp highs, quite astounding staging, very easy to listen to for long periods.
5. Panoramic roof, simply stunning, people just go WOW, when they get in the back and I open it up.
6. Fuel economy. How can I be getting 7l/100ks driving around town?

HATE:
1. The key fob. If I could change that I'd be happy! Drives me to distraction. Can't feel which button is which in pocket. Buttons are too small etc etc.
2. Not having proximity locking, then I wouldn't need to worry about the key fob! I wonder if it's retrofittable?
3. The Land Rover badging and the images on all the audio systems and drivers cluster. Do Lexus have Toyota badging, or Infinity have Datsun badging? No! I'm not interested in it for snob value, just that's it's confusing at the least.
4. The cruise control. It's hopeless. Overruns down hills, then up hills it over compensates. It's like a gen1 system from 20 years ago. Very poor.

DONT UNDERSTAND
1. Why no mud flaps on an $86k 4WD?
2. Why no self dimming rear vision and side mirrors? They don't even come with the "Clearview" pack- this is laughable.
3. Only very small thing, but why half LED interior bulbs, and half incandescent?
4. Why can't I control both driver and passenger climate settings from the one control?

That's about it. End of the day, I'm very happy so far and love getting out and driving it.
30-05-2015 05:15am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
BA74

RE: 3 weeks: loves, hates and don't understands.

(30-05-2015 05:15am)Clip Wrote:  After a few weeks of ownership just thought I'd share my thoughts as this is only the second LR I've ever owned.

LOVE:
1. Hands down the most comfortable car I've owned. Beats all the Germans I've owned or driven in for sure.
2. The drive - handling, ride, low road noise- all exceptional. Performance good, not great, but ok. Out handles most sedans, and even keeps the hot hatches honest.
3. Interior - who ever designed this deserves all the awards they get. Future cars will be more like this- wide, spacious, amazing forward views, great ergonomics.
4. Meridian audio, even with the sub issue, it's a very good system for an OEM unit. Clean, crisp highs, quite astounding staging, very easy to listen to for long periods.
5. Panoramic roof, simply stunning, people just go WOW, when they get in the back and I open it up.
6. Fuel economy. How can I be getting 7l/100ks driving around town?

HATE:
1. The key fob. If I could change that I'd be happy! Drives me to distraction. Can't feel which button is which in pocket. Buttons are too small etc etc.
2. Not having proximity locking, then I wouldn't need to worry about the key fob! I wonder if it's retrofittable?
3. The Land Rover badging and the images on all the audio systems and drivers cluster. Do Lexus have Toyota badging, or Infinity have Datsun badging? No! I'm not interested in it for snob value, just that's it's confusing at the least.
4. The cruise control. It's hopeless. Overruns down hills, then up hills it over compensates. It's like a gen1 system from 20 years ago. Very poor.

DONT UNDERSTAND
1. Why no mud flaps on an $86k 4WD?
2. Why no self dimming rear vision and side mirrors? They don't even come with the "Clearview" pack- this is laughable.
3. Only very small thing, but why half LED interior bulbs, and half incandescent?
4. Why can't I control both driver and passenger climate settings from the one control?

That's about it. End of the day, I'm very happy so far and love getting out and driving it.

Great summary and agree with almost all... At least the key fob is small, my BMW's is huge...

The climate thing needs to be fixed too but overall I loved mine, they just need some more power...

Gone - Range Rover Evoque - Si4 Pure - 5 Door Fuji White
30-05-2015 06:13am
Clip

(30-05-2015 06:13am)BA74 Wrote:  they just need some more power...
+1
30-05-2015 08:17am
morey000

item to add to the 'love' section:

the exterior lighting that projects the outline of the evoque on the ground as you approach the car. And I thought the puddle lights on my subaru were fun!

I just took delivery of my new pure plus yesterday. First impressions:

1. the styling is outstanding.
2. interior is magnificent
3. ride is a bit stiff for my comfort level
4. I didn't get the Meridian upgrade. Sound system is a bit tinny, even with the sub woofer turned up a notch
5. The auto high beams shut off (go back to low beams) due to reflections off road signs.
6. I can't decide which color interior lighting to select. It's on red right now, but that doesn't seem to go with my cirrus interior. will try blue next.
7. Didn't think I'd like the big glass ceiling. Love it!
8. Ugh. can't get my garage door programmed into it. (rolling code)
9. the climate control system is easy and intuitive. Way better than my wife's Audi

regardless- it's a fun vehicle. So much cooler than the X3, Q5 and MKC that i was looking at.
(This post was last modified: 31-05-2015 07:23pm by morey000.)
31-05-2015 07:00pm
Clip

(31-05-2015 07:00pm)morey000 Wrote:  So much cooler than the X3, Q5 and MKC that i was looking at.
Yes, i agree. The ony competitor that will be interesting to check out is the new Mercedes Benz GLC (replacing the GLK). We've never had the GLK out here in Australia, so can't comment on it. But given the GLC is a new design, it looks promising, and given the quality and value of the new C class it could be worth a look when it finally arrives
01-06-2015 08:24am
Good shot

My pet dislikes are the lighting and windscreen wiper stalks. They need illumination!

Last 2013 SD4 Auto, Prestige, Pano, Firenze Red. Loving the USB shuffle.
01-06-2015 09:51pm
mstraka

(01-06-2015 09:51pm)Good shot Wrote:  My pet dislikes are the lighting and windscreen wiper stalks. They need illumination!
YES!
02-06-2015 05:38am
Clip

Yes I agree too. The other thing that I forgot is the dreadfully cheap plastic flappy paddles.
02-06-2015 09:06am
mstraka

(02-06-2015 09:06am)Clip Wrote:  Yes I agree too. The other thing that I forgot is the dreadfully cheap plastic flappy paddles.
As I use the paddle shifters frequently, I replaced the plastic paddles with the Jaguar red anodized metal ones. The tactile feel is much better, and the appearance is quite an improvement. Its an easy direct swap.
02-06-2015 01:30pm
Good shot

(02-06-2015 01:30pm)mstraka Wrote:  As I use the paddle shifters frequently, I replaced the plastic paddles with the Jaguar red anodized metal ones. The tactile feel is much better, and the appearance is quite an improvement. Its an easy direct swap.

I don't mind the paddle shifters. I use the up shift a lot, but sometimes wash the windscreen instead, and vice versa!

Last 2013 SD4 Auto, Prestige, Pano, Firenze Red. Loving the USB shuffle.
02-06-2015 03:17pm