Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
3 door/ Coupe Evoque killed off
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

3 door/ Coupe Evoque killed off

Production of the best looking but very slow selling 3 door Evoque has stopped according to What Car? October edition. There will be no replacement with the 2019 facelift / new version and the convertible will continue with the current body design. I’m sure that there is a mistake in the report on the next gen Evoque where What Car? States that only the 9 speed auto will be available for the transmission - cannot believe that JLR wouldn’t have some versions with a manual gearbox in the range. A new 1.5 litre PHEV with a Diesel engine will be added to the range and rear leg room and boot space has been improved by increasing the wheelbase. Prices to start at £33,000 for the 2019 new model.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 06-09-2018 02:27pm by XFullFatTim.)
06-09-2018 01:56pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
RogB

RE: 3 door/ Coupe Evoque killed off

thought the 3 door has been discontinued at the 2016 facelift ?

I bought mine because ive always loved the look of them over the 5 door, the only downsides being access into the rear is tight (I rarely carry back seat passengers anyway) and the options for roof racks/bars are very very limited. But other than that they are lot more unique looking IMO than the 5 door without compromising on boot space or driving dynamics, which makes them more desirable as a lifestyle vehicle.

I always loved both Freelander 1 3 door that Ive owned, driving with the roof off was great fun, very beach buggy like Smile

2012 Evoque Pure 5 door - Santorini Black, 20'' style 6 wheels, privacy, fogs, (accident damaged wreck direct from LR approved :rollSmile
2011 Evoque Prestige 3 door - Indus Silver, gloss black 19'' style 5 wheels, privacy, partial black pack.

and a few Freelander 2 over the yearsLaughing
06-09-2018 03:10pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

The 3 door also was, bar the cctv wing “mirrors” and a minor change to the rake of the front screen, the design exercise called LRX made real. I had one of the first cars off the production line in 2011 and it was a Coupe, Fuji White and the only options it didn’t have were contrast roof, smokers pack and the spare wheel. Much preferred it to the 5 door I had after it in 2014 which oddly felt too much like driving an ordinary car.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
06-09-2018 05:09pm
RogB

I might change the rear badging on mine to LRX Smile haha

2012 Evoque Pure 5 door - Santorini Black, 20'' style 6 wheels, privacy, fogs, (accident damaged wreck direct from LR approved :rollSmile
2011 Evoque Prestige 3 door - Indus Silver, gloss black 19'' style 5 wheels, privacy, partial black pack.

and a few Freelander 2 over the yearsLaughing
07-09-2018 10:05am