Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
2nd Evoque Order about to be Cancelled
Tony

2nd Evoque Order about to be Cancelled

Hopefully now all sorted!

Evoque Dynamic SD4 Lux Auto Total Rubbish, worst car I have owned - GONE AT LAST!
(This post was last modified: 04-04-2014 03:26pm by Tony.)
04-04-2014 01:14pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: 2nd Evoque Order about to be Cancelled

Tony you have a PM, but it looks like LRCS or the dealership have been in contact between you posting your original post and your edited one!

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 04-04-2014 03:31pm by XFullFatTim.)
04-04-2014 03:30pm
Tony

(04-04-2014 03:30pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  Tony you have a PM, but it looks like LRCS or the dealership have been in contact between you posting your original post and your edited one!

Hi Tim, Yes hopefully all fixed now. I have replied to you PM. Buying a new 'prestige' car should be a pleasurable experience not an expensive pain in the butt!

Thanks, Tony

Evoque Dynamic SD4 Lux Auto Total Rubbish, worst car I have owned - GONE AT LAST!
04-04-2014 04:32pm
XFullFatTim

Tell me!

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
04-04-2014 05:33pm
Tony

Our yet to be built but already obsolete 2014 Evoque could well be cancelled on Monday if there are any worthwhile additions to MY2015.

Warrantee on our current Evoque has until Jan 2015 so we will take a step back and see what else comes to the market over the next few months. Next week we have a test drive booked in a current/old Audi TT quattro, its a used car but should give us an impression. On the basis of this we may have a close look at the new TT due later this year.

(This post was last modified: 14-04-2014 06:30pm by Tony.)
12-04-2014 10:16am
m_101

Tony those new TTs do look great, especially that digital dash!
My other half has a TT with s-tronic, the gearbox is fantastic (6-speed) and it drives like new after 50k miles. I thought the driving experience of the evoque was actually broadly quite similar in terms of corner speed and the feel of the vehicle, except you feel about 2 feet higher off the ground and the TT's suspension is a LOT more crashy over Scotland's scarred roads than the Evoque's (and that's on standard 17 inch Alloys). That being said, it's very well built and not had a rattle from it in over 5 years.

5 door MY12 Fuji Dynamic Plus with shadow chromes, santorini contrast roof, power tailgate and a couple of added rattles!
Mods - Black RR bonnet vents, Side steps, Silicone rear wiper, rear sill protector, rear sill plates, LED interior lighting conversion, 2014 Sat Nav update.
12-04-2014 11:52am
Tony

(12-04-2014 11:52am)m_101 Wrote:  Tony those new TTs do look great, especially that digital dash!
My other half has a TT with s-tronic, the gearbox is fantastic (6-speed) and it drives like new after 50k miles. I thought the driving experience of the evoque was actually broadly quite similar in terms of corner speed and the feel of the vehicle, except you feel about 2 feet higher off the ground and the TT's suspension is a LOT more crashy over Scotland's scarred roads than the Evoque's (and that's on standard 17 inch Alloys). That being said, it's very well built and not had a rattle from it in over 5 years.

We had never looked at a TT until 6 weeks ago, we were in the Audi dealership looking at an Q5, got bored with that VERY quickly and spied a TT. Was very inpressed with the build quality very solid 'thunk' as the doors close, everything inside looked perfectly put together. Yes the new digital dashs looks good, I expect it will take LR 10 years to catch up and then the software will be out of date as soon as its released.

We don't need a four seater but do like a high driving position but we have had sports cars before from many MGB's to a very nice Cobra replica.

As for crashy suspension, last month I collected an MX5 for a friend and drove it back to Skye from Southampton, apart from the harsh ride DVT stated to set in after about two hours!. I'm 6'2" so an MX5 is a challenge to fit into.
Tony

12-04-2014 12:18pm
XFullFatTim

Jaguar Land Rover has had configurable digital TFT dashboards in FFRR, RRS and some Jaguars since 2010 so everybody else has to catch up on that front! My last L322 had one and it was very clever too as when you selected one of the TR modes the dash figured out you were offroad so the selector of the speedo above 50mph disappeared to show the 4x4 info.

(This post was last modified: 12-04-2014 01:44pm by XFullFatTim.)
12-04-2014 01:34pm
Evo-king

So when will it be coming to an Evoque?

You don't have to answer that.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
12-04-2014 05:34pm
Tony

(12-04-2014 05:34pm)Evo-king Wrote:  So when will it be coming to an Evoque?

You don't have to answer that.

MY2017 which will be announced as soon as everyone has ordered MY2016 Laughing

(This post was last modified: 12-04-2014 10:56pm by Tony.)
12-04-2014 05:43pm