Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
2910 for adaptive dynamics suspension and 'dynamic' bodykit -- worth it?
j7david

2910 for adaptive dynamics suspension and 'dynamic' bodykit -- worth it?

I'm trying to decide what to order, and there seems to be a bigger-than-I'd-expect difference between an up-specced Pure, and a Dynamic.

Playing around with the configurator online:

Dynamic SD4, with 'downgrade' of wheels to 19" (good idea? my thought is to improve ride quality and reduce risk of [wife] destroying alloys on kerbs?):
£37380

Pure SD4, with all options selected manually that Dynamic has by default (Style pack, tech pack, carpet mats, sensing wipers and headlights ... I'm not missing anything am I?) -- except Adaptive Dynamics (not available) and obviously the exterior styling:
£34470

Difference: £2910

I'd be adding the panoramic roof, heated steering wheel, privacy glass and adaptive headlights to whichever model (+£1295 in both cases).

I do prefer the look of the Dynamic a bit, and the suspension -- from the little I can find about it online -- would be nice to have (but bear in mind I'm unlikely to go more off-road than camping in fields, and I don't go over 60mph on country roads) -- but what do you all think about the price difference?

The adaptive dynamics is "only" £1150 for a prestige.

Maybe I'm "throwing away" £450 on the wheel downgrade (that's what the upgrade would cost) -- can I recoup that money somehow? Aftermarket downgrade and sell alloys? Or will I lose that much anyway? Or is the ride on 20-inch wheels actually really smooth anyway?

Is there a significant difference between the "Pure Style Pack" leather and the perforated dynamic leather?

So many questions!! Thanks for any comments.
-- Jonathan.
06-07-2011 10:19pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
LP

RE: 2910 for adaptive dynamics suspension and 'dynamic' bodykit -- worth it?

I think the residuals will be higher....if that matters to you.
07-07-2011 03:37pm
doug

(07-07-2011 03:37pm)LP Wrote:  I think the residuals will be higher....if that matters to you.

If you check the prices at 3 years old on "Parkers" web page, The % is allmost the same for all models. The only thing is, you want get your money back on extras added. So if your selling your Evoque after only a year or so, it's better to go for a Prestige. If resale value is important to you.
07-07-2011 03:55pm
DJ2Tall

(06-07-2011 10:19pm)j7david Wrote:  I'm trying to decide what to order, and there seems to be a bigger-than-I'd-expect difference between an up-specced Pure, and a Dynamic.

Playing around with the configurator online:

Dynamic SD4, with 'downgrade' of wheels to 19" (good idea? my thought is to improve ride quality and reduce risk of [wife] destroying alloys on kerbs?):
£37380

Pure SD4, with all options selected manually that Dynamic has by default (Style pack, tech pack, carpet mats, sensing wipers and headlights ... I'm not missing anything am I?) -- except Adaptive Dynamics (not available) and obviously the exterior styling:
£34470

Difference: £2910

I'd be adding the panoramic roof, heated steering wheel, privacy glass and adaptive headlights to whichever model (+£1295 in both cases).

I do prefer the look of the Dynamic a bit, and the suspension -- from the little I can find about it online -- would be nice to have (but bear in mind I'm unlikely to go more off-road than camping in fields, and I don't go over 60mph on country roads) -- but what do you all think about the price difference?

The adaptive dynamics is "only" £1150 for a prestige.

Maybe I'm "throwing away" £450 on the wheel downgrade (that's what the upgrade would cost) -- can I recoup that money somehow? Aftermarket downgrade and sell alloys? Or will I lose that much anyway? Or is the ride on 20-inch wheels actually really smooth anyway?

Is there a significant difference between the "Pure Style Pack" leather and the perforated dynamic leather?

So many questions!! Thanks for any comments.
-- Jonathan.

You miss out on Keyless entry, Park Assist, Parking Cameras, 20" rims, Magneride, Styling Kit and you cant have a contrasting roof, which I want as i'm going for Firenze with Black Pana roof! So really it is quite alot more you get I think. Much better value than Prestige. Are you going for a manual rather than the auto?
07-07-2011 06:46pm
SW6RR

If you go fully loaded there is no substantial difference between the prestige and the dynamic cost-wise.
07-07-2011 07:46pm