Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
2018MY changes are announced - now on the LR website too
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

2018MY changes are announced - now on the LR website too

I see in the Land Rover Owner International magazine that the specs for 2018MY have been announced - new colours, new wheel designs, the higher powered 236BHP SD4 with a huge torque increase to 368lbft and claimed MPG of 67.3 and CO2 is 153g/km, new SI4 with 286BHP that will bring the 0-60 down to 6secs along with a torque hike to 295lbft and claimed MPG of 38.7 (good joke!) and CO2 173g/km. The new higher powered diesel is the same one as is in the Discovery 5 and RRS and the Si4 is the same version as the F Type Jaguar's. All Si4's will get the full Dynamic body kit. Choice of contrast roof colours increases by 2 new shades (red and ??) and some new seat designs along with the full tan interior from Discovery 5 is now available on the Evoque.
The same engines are also to go into the DiscoSport but their MPG returns are lower.
The full specs of the TD4 LandMark special edition are also now available according to LROI but it hasn't yet appeared on the LR Website

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 20-06-2017 05:02pm by XFullFatTim.)
20-06-2017 04:59pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
sasdiscos

RE: 2018MY changes are announced - now on the LR website too

I saw a mule at millbrook for the new one yesterday. Bigger exhausts and modified rear bumper. New front bumper as well, different shape to the rear arches.
20-06-2017 08:43pm
XFullFatTim

I see that if you spec the higher powered petrol engine you cannot have front fog lights due to enlarged "vents". Seems that cooling may be an issue with the new petrol engine if the wafer thin fog lights reduce the cooling effect so much........

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 21-06-2017 09:20am by XFullFatTim.)
21-06-2017 09:19am
benzina

I wonder if the Jag's new upcoming e-pace will cannibalise sales of the Evoque? Will be priced similar i would think. Looks to have very similar proportions to the Evoque, but with F-Pace like styling, so just might be the first car since the Evoque came out, that runs it close on looks.
In my opinion, nothing has come close to the Evoque in proportion or outright killer style in the size of car thus far.
See e-pace getting ready for reveal here... http://www.motorauthority.com/news/11018...-and-video

2012 Dynamic SD4 Auto 5-Door / Indus / Black Roof / Vortex / AD / Style 7 Alloys / Panoramic Roof / Rear Vents / BSM / TPMS / Sat Nav
21-06-2017 02:30pm
sasdiscos

Yes. No fog lights on the one I saw. Looked like the front of an Audi rs, massive Gilles at the front. Although I'm not supposed to be paying attention. Millbrook had a very strict policie. They have a card system, your not aloud to be seen paying attention to new cars.

Looks very nice tho, the one I saw had 2 huge chrome exhausts, grilles on the front like and Audi R8. Larger side skirts and strangely bigger arches, that I thought looked odd. Was on steel wheels so maybe new wheels are upcoming as well.
21-06-2017 10:30pm
XFullFatTim

E Pace uses the Evoque's underpinnings so it will be an Evoque in plainer clothes.......

22-06-2017 10:29am
Pete

Nice to see a few more ponies thrown at the old girl.

Porsche Macan
23-06-2017 08:09am