Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
2016 facelift conversion.
Nickj

RE: 2016 facelift conversion.

(08-09-2017 08:08pm)L18ESK Wrote:  does the facelift fit straight on or does it require headlights / bumper ?
love the brakes looks great

Have you missed a word there? Im guessing grill? If so, facelift grill fits without bumper / headlights.
08-09-2017 08:31pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
L18ESK

sorry i do apologise i had little one on my lap as i typed that lol
great straight swap out , best place to get hold of one , local dealership?

keep up the good work mate very impressive

MY14 Range Rover Evoque Dynamic - Santorini Black with full Black Pack- Panoramic Roof - Xenons - 20" Black Dynamic - Memory Seats - Privacy Glass - Illuminated sill plates - Genuine RR mats

on the list Very Happy - Dash Cam - Genuine RR boot liner
08-09-2017 08:33pm
Nickj

(08-09-2017 08:33pm)L18ESK Wrote:  sorry i do apologise i had little one on my lap as i typed that lol
great straight swap out , best place to get hold of one , local dealership?

keep up the good work mate very impressive

Ha ha. Doing well to type and have the little one on board.

Grills an easy swop. 10 mins. EBay's best bet. Should be under £100 easily for facelift grill.
08-09-2017 08:45pm
Nickj

Should add details of where I got my lights converted really if anyone interested.

http://www.rcautomotive.co.uk

Apparently have converted lights ready to go, or can convert your lights as they did for me. Great service and lights work perfectly thus far. Over the moon with them. Nice chap and easy to deal with.

Mine were xenon so not sure if he does the full led lights but contact details on site if you want to ask.
10-09-2017 05:12pm
Nickj

Well dispite the horror stories decided to have a go at fitting my interior led bulb set I got off eBay a year or so ago! Yellow ish interior lights look so dated!

Foot wells were a doddle. No covers. Bulb out, bulb in. Excuse cleanliness of carpets!

[Image: IMG-8829.jpg]

[Image: IMG-8830.jpg]

[Image: IMG-8845.jpg]

[Image: IMG-8867.jpg]

[Image: IMG-8843.jpg]

[Image: IMG_8830.jpg]

[Image: IMG_8843.jpg]

Rear boot next. This had festoon type bulb and again popped out easily. Just getting polarity right only issue, so took a couple of attempts!

[Image: IMG_8842.jpg]

Then left it a day and decided to tackle the rear roof lights. Little bit trickier! Managed to get one out ok, and sorted. Second one managed to break the clip. This said so damn tight even without clip it's not going anywhere! So rears done.

[Image: IMG_8845.jpg]

[Image: IMG_8829.jpg]

Just front centre dome to go now..... left this another day. Read some real horror stories on this bad boy! Had a dabble with a screw driver, wasn't budging! Left another day. Watched the powerful U.K. Video again where it just popped out, and tried with a thin trim tool. First time popped out straight away, result! Bit of an iffy angle but swopped bulbs over in ten mins and after opening and closing the doors a few times and arming and disarming the alarm all worked perfectly.

[Image: IMG_8866.jpg]

[Image: IMG_8867.jpg]

Happy days. All visible bulbs now a nice bright white led. Going to have a go at the vanity mirrors another day but will be getting a few spare fuses before attempting!
(This post was last modified: 13-06-2019 09:24pm by Nickj.)
10-09-2017 06:28pm
Sizee

Hi guys and girls I've just purchased the facelift dynamic front bumper could anyone tell me if the tow eye covers For this are all the same from 65 reg onwards or are the dynamic lux bumpers different any help would be great thanks
09-10-2017 01:43pm
Nickj

Hi, when you say tow eye covers which bit do you mean? Do you mean the gloss black middle lower bit? If so I beleive dynamic models are all the same, but pre facelift bits don't fit facelift.
09-10-2017 09:51pm
Sizee

hi ok that's fine as mine is the facelift model but upgrading to dynamic front bumper. I needed to see if the tow eye covers were the same. Would you happen to know if the dynamic grille would be a straight swap for the standard one on my se tech model?
09-10-2017 09:57pm
owencardew

Hi NickJ,

Finally got my Full LED Headlights - excellen job despite how long it took. The edges were sealed properly all round, and even a hologram warranty sticker so you don't get tempted to open them up yourself! Very clever how they managed to fit everything inside the headlight so it really is a plug and play situation.... Smile

The Full LED really is something... Dim looks great, and Bright is just POWWW! Smile

MY12 Range Rover Evoque SD4 Dynamic - working on Facelift to 2016.
09-10-2017 10:34pm
Nickj

(09-10-2017 09:57pm)Sizee Wrote:  hi ok that's fine as mine is the facelift model but upgrading to dynamic front bumper. I needed to see if the tow eye covers were the same. Would you happen to know if the dynamic grille would be a straight swap for the standard one on my se tech model?

If upgrading then you will need dynamic tow eye cover as will be different to your se tech one.

Grills are all straight swops.

(09-10-2017 10:34pm)owencardew Wrote:  Hi NickJ,

Finally got my Full LED Headlights - excellen job despite how long it took. The edges were sealed properly all round, and even a hologram warranty sticker so you don't get tempted to open them up yourself! Very clever how they managed to fit everything inside the headlight so it really is a plug and play situation.... Smile

The Full LED really is something... Dim looks great, and Bright is just POWWW! Smile

Good news. Pleased you got sorted. Think they posted a video on YouTube that I presume was probably your lights working and looked great.
(This post was last modified: 10-10-2017 08:25pm by Nickj.)
10-10-2017 08:23pm