Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
2015MY onwards In Control Touch
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

2015MY onwards In Control Touch

Folks I follow most of the owners forums for Jaguar as well as Land Rover products and this forum is one of the few where there are not hugely long threads about In Control Touch Pro and some mega issues that basically make the car undrivable - especially F Paces, but also some RRsports seem to suffer from issues. The issues seem to affect highly specced cars with a lot of electronic optional extrasSo far I haven't managed to find many posts here regarding issues with In Control Touch Pro in Evoques so is it a "non-issue" for Evoque? It appears that with F Pace a lot of owners are now demanding their money back............... great car but JLR are unable to fix the problems.

I am now also caught in this "worry" as I was about to order a Tesla X which, as we all know, Tesla's just work, you never read of of problems with fit and finish or software, and for gawd's sakes it's an American car where poor quality is a given....... The recent press releases about I Pace have encouraged me to put my order of a Tesla X on hold until more is known about the I Pace but one thing that really really concerns me is that in the motoring press it is stated that I Pace will also have the current version of ICTP............... it's taking JLR so long to fix current ICTP issues that I really wonder if it will be fixed in 2 years time and if I should bother waiting and not just order the Tesla anyway. I certainly do not want to be paying the projected £55,000+ for a basic I Pace to find that most of it's dash won't work because of issues with ICTP (which will be standard fit!).

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 21-11-2016 10:37am by XFullFatTim.)
21-11-2016 10:35am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
browny287

RE: 2015MY onwards In Control Touch

I have had a MY17 HSE Dynamic for two months now and whilst it is a great improvement on my old MY14 Pure Tech the whole ICTP scenario seems totally confusing to both myself and my stealer. One of the apps for Incontrol is called Justdrive which is supposed to allow you to use voice control for many functions, when i tried to connect with the car the screen gave a message saying this was not available for this car (or words to that effect). I then tried Justdrive tech support and they informed me that it was but the Evoque needed an update to the ICTP unit. I then phoned my stealer and they told me that Justdrive was not available in the UK. Next i contacted the CS rep via the forum and was told they would contact the stealer the response from them was that they had spoken with JLR engineering and although they could carry out an update they couldn't guarantee it would work as it wasn't JLR software, I pointed them to the Justdrive web site which, on the home page, states the system was exclusively developed for JLR. Obviously no one told JLR about this. My car is now booked in for the update in December so it will be interesting to see if it does work, as an engineer myself if find it incredible that a company the size of JLR do not seem to communicate with their dealers' service departments regarding their products. At the end of the day it is something pretty minor in the overall scheme of things and it probably won't do what it says on the tin anyway, it does make you wonder though whether more serious issues suffer from the same lack of communication.
21-11-2016 01:46pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: 2015MY onwards In Control Touch

This is one of the Apps that Sport owners have been complaining about and that JLR's attitude is to stick their head in the sand and tell you it is a problem with the developer but when you contact the developer they say that it is JLR's technical people who are holding things up by not carrying out proper testing. It also appears that there other car makers with their own kinds of In Control who also have problems. Seems to me that the car makers are trying to run before they have learned to crawl with this technology. For what amounts to an information system to render a car undrivable though is beyond the pale. I have heard that Mercedes owners have also got serious issues with Mercs version of In Control - basically it just doesn't work and merc has the same attitude to their customers as JLR with regards to fixing the issues.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 21-11-2016 02:04pm by XFullFatTim.)
21-11-2016 02:03pm