Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
2013 or 2014 Model
cjfp

RE: 2013 or 2014 Model

(08-01-2014 08:44am)Steve196 Wrote:  To be fair I had never asked and assumed it was a MY2013 given the deal we were getting, it was just the handover guy saying something that made me wonder.

Got more of an issue with the parking sensors failing after less than 2hours!! Will be onto the branch manager today.

Given the amount of dirt etc on roads at the moment, it may be worth checking that all the sensors are clean.

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
08-01-2014 09:08am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Steve196

Thanks for the suggestion. Did have a walk round the car to check they were all still there! and not dirty, but the car was still as clean as the moment it drove out the showroom, so I suspect a dodgy sensor or a loose connection that has popped out on a bump on the first trip on the road.

Will see what the dealer says today anyway.
08-01-2014 10:29am
Steve196

Self diagnosis correct. Dealer just been out to check the car with laptop and fault code logged as a defective front sensor.
Parking aid did start working again yesterday, so an intermittent fault. Frustrating with a brand new car, but can't complain about the branches service in dealing with the problem so far. Hopefully parts are stock and will be repaired tomorrow/early next week.

Fingers crossed this was just a minor blip and not the start of many problems with the new Baby.
09-01-2014 03:49pm
Steve196

Spoke to soon about the dealer service. After much hassle and dozens of calls, we got the car into the garage yesterday to fix the parking sensors. Car returned last night and yet again less than 24 hours and 30 miles later with the parking sensors working, we've got the dreaded 'Parking aid alert' on the screen again and no parking aid function.

Does anyone know if this is a common problem with parking sensors? Beginning to spoil the whole experience of a new car. Other than this it's been good, just don't expect things not to work when you buy a brand new "prestige' car!
18-01-2014 08:02pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Not a common issue but IIRC it has been reported before - sometimes if a cack-handed pressure washer driver directs the jet directly at the sensors it can damage them, but they have to be very very close with the nozzle. My last Evoque was usually hot pressure washed and it never suffered the problem, but my previous L322 FFRR's parking sensors were very sensitive to pressure washer jets aimed at them.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
19-01-2014 06:20pm
Steve196

The saga continues........back to dealer today and 4 hours later it is returned in working order with another faulty front sensor replaced.
An hour and 5 miles drive later and select reverse gear to get out the driveway and 'parking aid alert warning' is back with no parking sensor function.

Beginning to pull my hair out now!!!!
20-01-2014 08:19pm
Steve196

Third time lucky

So 18 days after original collection of our new car, 3 workshop visits, 6 days in total in the workshop and 75 miles added to the clock going to and from the dealers, we finally have the car back with parking sensors in working order.

3 new front sensors fitted, new parking sensor wiring loom and new PDC module seems to have resolved the problem, suspected to have been caused by an over zealous PDI pressure wash valet!

Fingers crossed that this solves the fault completely and it doesn't reappear in the next few days of use and we can actually start to enjoy the Evoque as we were meant to.
24-01-2014 03:21pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Hope it all runs smoothly for you Steve, they can also get fooled if we get a lot of salt spread on the roads, the biggest proble I had with them was pedestrians walking within a metre of the car at traffic lights could sometimes trigger the front ones! Nice to know though that 1m from demolishing a pedestrian the car will let you know you about to hit one! My rear ones didn't pick up a safety barrier tubular support though and I reversed into a £1600 bill for a whole new tailgate a year ago.................

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
26-01-2014 02:06pm