Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
2013 Range Rover Evoque AWD system- Help dealer non responsive
Pcgeary1973

2013 Range Rover Evoque AWD system- Help dealer non responsive

My dealer is claiming that I have a feature in my vehicle that I believe is incorrect. They are claiming my differential can engage and disengage on demand. Everything I have read tells me I have a full time AWD system. My old dealership tells me this. The new one claims that is incorrect. LR USA is not helpful as they ask their technicians who claim torque vectoring and active drive line exist. When I tell them nothing and I mean nothing I have read or seen in manual or on vehicle indicates the AWD system engages and disengages at will, I am told they cannot send me anything. HELP! My new dealership has a history of plugging in the vehicle not seeing a fault code and marking as problem resolved. Can someone guide me to where I can get more detailed info on the AWD system for my vehicle. At my wits end.
26-05-2017 07:17pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
syl

RE: 2013 Range Rover Evoque AWD system- Help dealer non responsive

Topix and your VIN.

The 4x4i screen looks different as well (I think that standard has a lock icon between front and rear, active driveline has a lock on the rear axle and a 2wd/4wd box at the front - google images for "Evoque 4x4i").

As you're in the USA, you probably have a petrol car - which means you will have active driveline by default if your car is MY14 or newer.

[Image: Range_Rover_Evoque_Detail.jpg]

[Image: 2014-Range-Rover-Evoque-9-Speed-Active-D...ne-4WD.jpg]

MY17 RR Evoque TD4 Autobiography
MY17 RRS SDV6 Autobiography
(This post was last modified: 26-05-2017 10:13pm by syl.)
26-05-2017 09:58pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: 2013 Range Rover Evoque AWD system- Help dealer non responsive

You car is permanently AWD BUT on the petrol engines from IIRC 2013 onward for the petrol engine there is also Active Drive system that will make the car run in FWD mode above 23mph as a fuel ecomony aid, within 1/300th of a second (sorry I cannot be more precise!) the car should revert to AWD as soon as slippage of one wheel is detected. This function can be disabled by the driver but it is like stop/start - a default on start up that it is engaged. The system is now optional on all diesel Evoques in Europe as well as being standard on the petrol/ gasoline versions here. However the dealer is wrong to tell you that AWD is selectable, the Evoque system default is IIRC 95% of drive to the front and 5% to the rear in the AWD versions (we also have a 2WD/ FWD version in Europe) until slippage is detected and then the power transmission can be varied - this is achieved by the Viscous Coupling (aka Torsen or Haldex Coupling) in the system. On later cars there is also Torque Vectoring to the wheels with the most grip and traction control for those that have less grip........... I think the last Land Rover product with a selectable 4WD system was the Series 2 Land Rover of the 1960's, since the late 60's they have all been permanent 4WD/AWD barring the ED4 versions of Evoque, Freelander2 and Discovery Sport which are fixed in front wheel drive

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 29-05-2017 12:20pm by XFullFatTim.)
29-05-2017 12:11pm