Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Any official technician from Land Rover here?
sciack

Thank you!
03-05-2013 02:08pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
scrannel

RE: Any official technician from Land Rover here?

If you want the tail gate aligned properly you'd be better off going to a good body repair shop as they do this stuff all the time.

The smell may simply be coming from the filter that's in the air recirculating system. I believe there's a fine particle filter in there and you might just change it. Also, check to see if a rodent has moved in. It's a problem in Malibu... and they seem to like my wife's Sport.

Unfortunately the "sound" from the steering "arms" is, at least in the States, a subject of a bulletin (maybe a recall) -- if it's the same thing -- and will require someone who knows how to fix it. Like your LR dealer.

2013 Dynamic USA specs with MagneRide + Strata wood int. with Lunar perf. Ork Grey.
BMW K1200R. Black.
03-05-2013 04:21pm
sciack

Today I had my garage tried to fix the tailgate alignment. They did quiet a good job. It is still not exactly aligned but at least it does not touch one part with another when it close.

Regarding the bad smell, there is an official investigation by LR, I have opened a new thread about that in General forum section. My car is two months old, and before it was ok, that's a new thing. The smell is like coming from exhaust, I do not think it is the filter.

About steering wheel, we have followed the procedure but we still have it. Lets see what LR will say next week.

Thanks anyway.
03-05-2013 05:09pm