Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
2011 Porsche Cayenne or RSS - No NEW EVOQUE
Firebird

2011 Porsche Cayenne or RSS - No NEW EVOQUE

Hi guys,

Am in to process of deciding what to buy next and seen the Evoque, one word WOW!

Been looking at the 2011 Cayenne and RSS (diesel) but unfortunately I have decided no to buy a either. Not because the Cayenne is not my dream car but because of the kilometres I do a year and depreciation. The problem is that I do 30-35000kms a year and if I were to spend 120-140K I would need to keep the car for a minimum 5 years. Unfortunately the resale value of a Luxury car with 160,000Kms is not good.

One of the main reasons I looked at these was that I need something that can tow my boat (2500Kgs) to and from the boat ramp and in to town for servicing, in total that would add up to no more that 150kms per year. So what we have decided is to buy a cheap (<10K) 4 x 4 to tow the boat and an everyday car.

Because of the 2.5T towing requirement to Evoque was not an option but now it is Very Happy. Hopefully I will get to see one in June. I am going to talk to the dealer to see if I am able to put down a conditional deposit so that I do not miss out on the first shipment.

Cheers
25-01-2011 10:05pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Kermit

RE: 2011 Porsche Cayenne or RSS - No NEW EVOQUE

(25-01-2011 10:05pm)Firebird Wrote:  I am going to talk to the dealer to see if I am able to put down a conditional deposit so that I do not miss out on the first shipment.

Firebird, did you manage to do this?
04-04-2011 05:12am
Firebird

Do you mean putting down a deposit, that was simple. I went to my local dealer and told them I wanted to place a conditional order an Evoque. They asked for a $1000.00 deposit but stated on the order that it is conditional.

Cheers
04-04-2011 06:49am
Kermit

Can you elaborate on the conditions? I assume you could easily get your grand back.
05-04-2011 03:24am
Firebird

Yes, conditional on seeing the car and driving the car prior to confirming the order. They are expecting to have Evoques here in early June that be for the release at the Melbourne Show. Landrover sent me a letter a couple of week ago saying that they will be holding a event where we can see and potentially drive the cars.

Mind you if I do not go for the Evoque chances are I will buy and RRS.

Cheers
05-04-2011 12:34pm
Kermit

(05-04-2011 12:34pm)Firebird Wrote:  They are expecting to have Evoques here in early June that be for the release at the Melbourne Show.

I'm going to see if I can drop into the Brisbane dealer this weekend and see what they know. I might have to make a trip to Melbourne for the motor show.
http://www.motorshow.com.au/
05-04-2011 02:05pm