Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20 inch wheels without MagneRide?
ISTANBUL-EVOQUE

20 inch wheels without MagneRide?

Greetings,

This is my second post and I'm inching towards finalising my order. Order books are now open in Istanbul but there's no test car available at the moment so I've been relying on valuable info that you all contribute to on this forum.

Trouble is, the Dynamic specification on initial Turkey-bound Evoques won't have MagneRide adaptive suspension as standard; nor will they have 20 inch wheels. What I gather from dealer info is that due to the massive demand, Land Rover has fixed specifications on most international markets and will build fixed cars until (maybe) the second quarter of 2012.

I am currently pushing hard to have them include the 20 inchers on my order but with current tax percentages here I think adaptive suspension would cost at least 4500-5000 Euros when it's available. Too much in my opinion.

Having read all the great posts on adaptive suspension I'm still curious on whether anyone ordered or conducted and extensive test drive with an Evoque on 20 inch wheel but no MagneRide. How does it cope with British roads? Our roads here are very similar to Britain's (if not worse) and therefore cars engineered in Britain do better dynamically and comfort-wise then others.

On a personal note I doubt 20 inch wheels with 45 walls could be any less comfortable then the RUN-FLAT disaster with the same wall size on my BMW.

Thank you all.
06-10-2011 11:49am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply