Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Boot space - where is it?!
WB
WB

RE: Boot space - where is it?!

The boot is the evoque's achille's heel. If LR had made the car a few inches longer and made the boot a bit bigger they would have an even longer waiting list on their hands.

That said it is usable and you can manage with a baby especially as there is so much rear seat space (as much if not more than an RRS).

If trips are your concern then I'd really recommend a roof box so you have tonnes of room and don't have to use tooth picks to keep awake from the boredom of driving an Audi Wink
(This post was last modified: 05-08-2012 09:38pm by WB.)
05-08-2012 09:37pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Straydox

Audi Q3 RS....really? They showed a prototype to some of the press when the Q3 was announced....have they put a date on it now?

Evoque boot is small - hell the vehicle is 100mm shorter than a Ford Focus and it still seats 4 full size adults, they had to steal the space from somewhere! I'm a huge Audi fan - the Q5 is due for a new model later this year too - the Q3 is disgracefully ugly, Audi design just lost the plot there.

Delivered 15th May 2012, rejected and returned 4th Feb 2013 - SD4 5 door Prestige manual with a bucket full of rattles Mauritius Blue. Crazy Audi MY2020 RSQ3
05-08-2012 11:15pm
marky9074

(05-08-2012 11:15pm)Straydox Wrote:  Audi Q3 RS....really? They showed a prototype to some of the press when the Q3 was announced....have they put a date on it now?

Evoque boot is small - hell the vehicle is 100mm shorter than a Ford Focus and it still seats 4 full size adults, they had to steal the space from somewhere! I'm a huge Audi fan - the Q5 is due for a new model later this year too - the Q3 is disgracefully ugly, Audi design just lost the plot there.

I asked when they would start taking orders on Q3 RS and S Q5 and they had no date for the RS, but Q5 in October. I got the impression that it was only a matter of time before the RS would happen. Normal Q3 is not really tasteful (but interior wise it is more like the TT which we prefer), but the pictures from the RS do make it look better IMO..

http://www.topspeed.com/cars/audi/2013-a...50059.html

That said, I'm not entirely sure I would get the Q5 in the garage, but I have already tried the Evoque on both sides, backwards and forwards, so I know it fits OK..
(05-08-2012 09:31pm)Urban Splash Wrote:  Boot space was critical to me......new baby to fit in and all the gear.

We have a Jane matrix rider (excellent kit!) and the wheels fit in perfectly. Loads of room for changing bag and shopping etc. Not had an issue with boot space yet. I come from a Kuga, and thought the boot on the Evoque looked smaller but I don't think it is.

Q5 boot is deffo much bigger. Don't think Q3 boot is though. I was parked next to a Q3 at work the other day and it looked small next to the Evoque.

Would love to see a photo of all that! Not heard of the Jane stuff, will look at that now Smile

[Image: signature.jpg]
Alfa Romeo Giulietta Quadrifoglio Verde
TTRS Roadster | Suzuka Grey | RS Buckets | 9Jx19, '5-arm rotor' titaniums | Adapative Zenons | Mirrors | Bose | Parking | MFSW | Cruise | Nav Plus | Phone prep | Changer
(This post was last modified: 06-08-2012 10:16am by marky9074.)
06-08-2012 09:24am