Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Over the horizon...
Ricvifarho

Over the horizon...

My 2012 SD4 Prestige now has 34k on it, is still great to drive, ...but thinking ahead....what specs will be out for 2016 folks? Engine changes/Hotfire, even better chassis, etc....? No sign of a V6 I guess??

I have never replaced a car wth the same model again, but am so pleased with the Evoque that I may do that!

In the meantime- any changes to the infotainment that can be upgraded...eg altitude on satnav...? New maps?

#1...Prestige SD4, Firenze, manual, adaptive dynamics and xenons, pano, black rails...not much else
Del 1/3/12 ,59000 very enjoyable miles
#2...HSE Dynamic TD4180, March 2016, Firenze with Santorini roof, roof rails from #1, auto, adaptive dynamics, pano, adaptive LEDs...Meridian 380W..and heated steering wheel! This is Scotland after all!
31-07-2014 11:42pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mark_n

RE: Over the horizon...

No chance of a V6, it won't fit.

The new engines are absolutely key to LR as they release LR from the Ford shackles - old technology engines charged at a premium price. As I understand it, LR have been shafted by Ford as they have had no place to go for engines, a left-over from when Ford owned LR.

The new engines are key to LR's future because they will significantly contribute to reducing LR's fleet average emissions without which cars would incur EU penalties. Because of the Evoque and Freelander/Discovery Sport volumes, I feel sure we'll see a big push towards lower emissions rather than increased power.

As for a new infotainment system, those "in the know" insisted it would come in MY2015 and it hasn't. I think it would help if they had a higher resolution screen, faster processor and improved navigation software but nothing yet. Even if these did happen, I don't think the basic operating model would change.

I often run a TomTom in parallel and it's interesting that the expected arrival time is always much more accurate, first time that the hopelessly optimistic LR guess.

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
01-08-2014 05:52am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

I don't think you will see the new engines in 2016, reading the press the new factory will be stretched making enough engines for the new baby Jaguar at first. In the motoring nags they all say that there will be a " face lifted" Evoque in 2016 but I wouldn't hold out much hope of a V6 petrol engine, although the rumours of a £10 tax on diesel cars might increase demand for them.

Mark, Ford/LR got shafted by BMW when LR was under BMW ownership over engines - everyone ranted about BMW's 2.0ltr TD engine and the 3.0ltr Straight 6 but BMW shackled LR to taking about 4 years supply of them and then they were not the same versions of the engines BMW fitted to the then new X5 competitor to the FFRR, LR got a lesser state of tune and lower power output of the same engine that BM fitted to the X5 and 3 and 5 series cars.
The BMW 3.0ltr TD6 ( a straight 6) in my first FFRR was the most uncouth and rattly engine I have had in any diesel engined car I have owned, it wheezed audibly when you eased off the gas and rattled terribly when cold.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 01-08-2014 02:16pm by XFullFatTim.)
01-08-2014 02:07pm
J77

The Jag XE will take the new engines first followed by the Disco Sport. Any new infotainment stuff will be previewed on the Disco Sport, I haven't got any specs on my new motor yet so can't confirm. All I do know is the screen looks bigger than the Evoque whether it will be better who knows.

18MY Range Rover Velar R-Dynamic SE D240
03-08-2014 06:10pm
speary

I have read that the new Ingenium petrol and diesel 4 cyl engines are modular with 500cc cylinders. They were talking about 3 and 6 cyl engines which would mean a straight 6 3.0l. Would that fit in the Evoque
Also talk of single and twin turbos on the 2l so could expect upto 300 bhp

Pure Coupe SD4 Manual; Fuji White; 19" style 5 wheels; Addaptive Xenons; Auto Lights, Wipers and Rear Mirror; Folding mirrors with cool puddle lights. Magnoflow Exhaust finishers
03-08-2014 10:27pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

2016 is Facelift year for Evoque so anything is possible Speary, but in view of forthcoming hikes in taxes on diesel cars and ever tighter emissions I reckon all will will see are smaller displacement higher output engines and nothing bigger for Evoque. LR still has to work hard to get the corporate / fleet emissions numbers down.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
04-08-2014 05:54am
Ricvifarho

Hi Guys,
Any tests (eg in Jag XE or Disco Sport) yet on the Ingenium 2 litre diesel with the higher power, or news when the Evoque will get it?

Thanks
Ricvifarho

#1...Prestige SD4, Firenze, manual, adaptive dynamics and xenons, pano, black rails...not much else
Del 1/3/12 ,59000 very enjoyable miles
#2...HSE Dynamic TD4180, March 2016, Firenze with Santorini roof, roof rails from #1, auto, adaptive dynamics, pano, adaptive LEDs...Meridian 380W..and heated steering wheel! This is Scotland after all!
28-01-2015 09:53pm
Biker

Are there any stats out there comparing the current ford vs the new ingenium engines?

TD4 180 HSE MY17 Fuji White
28-01-2015 11:13pm